Honored Contributor

Queen’s Christmas Speech— Some Photos Noticeably Missing

Noticeabaly absent from the photos on the Queen’s desk during her speech are any pictures of Prince Harry, Meghan and Archie. Interesting statement being made, l would think...

97CA8C84-A140-4F9E-9605-A467D0ACD686.png

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Queen’s Christmas Speech— Some Photos Noticeably Missing

interesting. That does make a statement. I thought she got along well with  Megan. Perhaps all is not so well in the kingdom.....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
It could be a snub not having Harry & Megan's picture beside her, but...she does not have her other children's pictures there either - only Charles & wife.  Harry is a grandchild.  Also, Harry & Megan seem to want to be out of the public eye more, yet free to work on their charities, so this honors those wishes by not featuring them.  I am inclined to think that the chosen pictures are about succession to the throne, plus the the 2 most important men in her life...her father & her husband.  

It seems like a big deal can be made out of little things all because people read things into the situation from their own perspective.  Sometimes the reasons are totally different and very simple.  The Queen is not known for exposing personal issues publicly or making hidden statements to send a message.  She seems to value and respect the role of the monarchy and protects it well.  

I also don't think Harry & Megan snubbed the Queen by spending the holiday with Megan's mother.  Kate did the same thing a few years ago and people thought it was a good thing.  Most couples need to find a way to incorporate both families into their new family.  If it really bothered the Queen that much she could command them  not to be gone.  She respected their new family unit.  Plus, they went to Canada and had Megan's mom come there, so they stayed within the commonwealth.  It all seems good to me.
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I think perhaps the honeymoon is over between the queen and Meghan.  I noticed the missing photo too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would suspect that she is very sad that her whole family would not be together.  Especially given the advanced ages.  I hope those missing don't regret it.  The Queen always looks so lovely.

Honored Contributor

I saw it. Fake outrage on the internet given that Anne, Edward, Andrew and all the other grands are also “missing.”

What I see are photos of the direct line to the throne.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's very interesting. Personally, I do not see that marriage as lasting a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

The majority of her family is missing.  Is everyone on the outs?

Esteemed Contributor

Happy holidays everyone!

@Havarti  Well said! You have an interesting perspective, that sums it up nicely.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Havarti, @bikerbabe : Good observation about only the direct line to the throne being featured... l hadn’t thought of that.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~