Esteemed Contributor

Anyone Spending Christmas Day Alone?

Is anyone spending Christmas day all alone?

I am.

Not by choice.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone Spending Christmas Day Alone?

I'm so sorry dear girl (figure of speech).  Chin up and all that.  Brighter days ahead. 

Super Contributor

I wish I had the words to make you (and others in a similar situation) feel better. Please know that I will be praying for you and hope that you will find some solace in knowing that you never walk alone and are thought of. God bless you. LadyAlice
Respected Contributor

Running through to send you very special Christmas wishes.  @Anonymous032819, my heart goes out to you.   I know this Christmas has to be very hard for you, especially since it is your first without your dear father. HeartHeart

So I am sending you hugs.  If you could hop on a magic broom and fly here to Kentucky, we would be glad to have you.  The more the merrier here.  Of course, you might not want to be around us for very long, LOL  LOL!!!

Seriously though, I wish you the peace of the season and hope that you will be able to think about memories and spend the time in a meaningful and special way that makes the day go a little faster for you!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Not this year.  My significant other of many years is here but he went to bed long ago and will be up well before the birds awake.  I have been a night owl all my life.  I actually usually enjoy my quiet late nights alone.  

But there was a holiday where I was all alone.  Didn't have a computer at home so I occupied myself with TV, music, talk radio--Coast to Coast AM radio--that plays in the wee hours--and reading.

I always notice your signature line; it is so true.

Be well.  Have faith. Better days may be around the corner with the coming of the New Year.

With warm regards,

aroc3435 

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819   You have us.

Not together physically but together in spirit.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

It's only DH and I, DD has to work but will stop by to say hi if she can, we have no other family.

So if you need someone to chat with tomorrow, I'll be here!Heart 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I'm sorry you'll be alone.  **HUGS**  So far, this is the worst Christmas I think I've ever had.  Plans fell through to visit family and exchange gifts the other night and tonight our plans fell through for church and dinner out after.  (Hubby is sick with a cold and cough.)  When we were younger, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day we had tons of family (his and mine) around us.  I still miss those days.  So far, we'll be going to hubby's sister's tomorrow, but it will be a VERY small group.  Every Christmas gets worse and worse - so many people have moved or died.  I'm finding it very hard.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

I will think of you.  First Christmas without my Dad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819, sorry for the late invitation. You are welcome to join my family. Will pick you up at the airport in Georgia. We are a crazy, happy bunch and will love to have you. We are a lot of fun so you might not want to leave lol.