Esteemed Contributor
The Royal Family / twitter

Ahead of Her Majesty The Queen’s State Funeral, a new photograph has been released. The photo was taken to mark Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee - the first British Monarch to reach this milestone.

Tomorrow, millions will come together to commemorate her remarkable life.

The State Funeral of Her Majesty The Queen will take place tomorrow at Westminster Abbey, followed by a Committal Service at St George’s Chapel, Windsor.

YouTube - Viewers from around the world will be able to watch both Services live: Sept. 19  11am BST / 6am ET 

Honored Contributor

It's stunning, @MorningLover !   I'm sorry, didn't mean to duplicate, I posted it, not having seeing yours, in the TV section.  But it'll get even more exposure now!

She looks wonderful, they made a great choice in images.   

Esteemed Contributor
Oznell wrote:

It's stunning, @MorningLover !   I'm sorry, didn't mean to duplicate, I posted it, not having seeing yours, in the TV section.  But it'll get even more exposure now!

She looks wonderful, they made a great choice in images.   

Oh @Oznell you couldn't of seen mine!

I posted in Community Chat and you in TV and Movies...

and it looks like we posted at the same time!!  lol 

The Queen does look lovely!

Honored Contributor

Ha, thinking alike, @MorningLover !   You are always gracious.   And, apart from the portrait, at least we're alerting two different productions, you the that blockbuster funeral tomorrow,  and me, the bio special tonight.

Honored Contributor

She's just so special.  I love that portrait!

Respected Contributor
I admire the Queen and the Queen Mother for letting their hair go naturally white.
Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth II

[ Edited ]

I'm going to miss her.  Really.  For me, she set a good example of decorum (as needed in my small world, of course); good manners; responsible behavior; and proper dressing for the older woman.  Although many of the pieces in my wardrobe when I was younger were the sort she never would select, as I matured, I looked to her for direction.  I once joked on the Linea forum that sometimes I'd ask myself, "Would Queen Elizabeth wear this?" when trying to decide on a questionable addition to my wardrobe.  When the answer was a definite no, I'd drop the item like a hot potato.  Of course, I still have some wild earrings and tops that she'd frown upon -- but she has been my trusted guide as I've traveled the rocky road of being an older woman.

With the finality of tomorrow's services, something will disappear permanently from the world, and most of the world knows this.   That is why millions have traveled to London and billions will watch the service tomorrow on the TV.  The era when Queen Elizabeth was crowned monarch was so different from today.  Today, there is little faith in God, man or institutions.  This present zeitgeist and the innate weaknesses of King Charles will create such a different picture that disappointment will be inevitable.   It's a pity but it probably will go that woeful way. 

There will never, ever be another Elizabeth.  She was inspiring.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful, so elegant.

Frequent Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I'm going to miss her.  Really.  For me, she set a good example of decorum (as needed in my small world, of course); good manners; responsible behavior; and proper dressing for the older woman.  Although many of the pieces in my wardrobe when I was younger were the sort she never would select, as I matured, I looked to her for direction.  I once joked on the Linea forum that sometimes I'd ask myself, "Would Queen Elizabeth wear this?" when trying to decide on a questionable addition to my wardrobe.  When the answer was a definite no, I'd drop the item like a hot potato.  Of course, I still have some wild earrings and tops that she'd frown upon -- but she has been my trusted guide as I've traveled the rocky road of being an older woman.

With the finality of tomorrow's services, something will disappear permanently from the world, and most of the world knows this.   That is why millions have traveled to London and billions will watch the service tomorrow on the TV.  The era when Queen Elizabeth was crowned monarch was so different from today.  Today, there is little faith in God, man or institutions.  This present zeitgeist and the innate weaknesses of King Charles will create such a different picture that disappointment will be inevitable.   It's a pity but it probably will go that woeful way. 

There will never, ever be another Elizabeth.  She was inspiring.

I am an 80 yr old English woman born & Bred!...I will miss my Queen, I watched her Coronation as a child..I think Charles will make a Wonderful King ( he had a good teacher)...all my family lives in England..Daughters,Grandchildren Brothers etc-...They all think the he will too.....I Love that you dear Americans loved her as much as we do. RIP

Honored Contributor

@golding76 

What a lovely post!   Heart