Trusted Contributor

I miss the old Q too. It really isn't the same anymore. I know things change and evolve. That's just life, but the old QVC was so fun and educational.I learned so much about gems. Loved the shows where the host got to go to the mines. Like Judy going to South America for the emeralds.

MBR with Boyds Bears was a not miss for me. They were such an odd couple that really were funny as heck. MBR would turn ten shades of red. lol

Lisa's gold shows from Italy were so lovely with lush gardens as her backdrop.

Loved Dan and Pat in the mornings with Murphy the Q dog. That was a pleasant pairing.

Joan Rivers....what can I say. She was hysterical. I enjoyed her shows. RIP

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the 50-in-50 shows!

I laughed hysterically at Joan Rivers -- never missed one of her shows because you never knew what she was going to say or do.  

Remember the funny 'commercials' they used to produce for upcoming shows?   I remember a few of these with Joan and Rick that were a hoot!  

On Christmas day while I was cooking and whatever, I'd have QVC on in the background because those Christmas segments were soooo good back then.  There was a cooking segment with Antonella and Lisa R -- Antonella was an expert in the kitchen, Lisa R was not.  It was great fun to watch.   And Rick and his boys cooking.  And all the singing and dancing by hosts, staff, and musical guests.  Those were the days!

The Fenton shows.  We recorded all of them to watch again later. 

Fun thread.  Thank you.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Wonderful memories in this thread!

One of my favorites was a early QVC pre-Christmas show with David Venable and Jane Treacy. It started out as a regular chatty show and then began to go wacky. My young daughter even started to watch as it became really funny. David, Jane and some of the crew put on spur of the moment  "chorus" numbers that were terrible but really funny.

I remember David who was new to QVC at the time made some hysterical comments that wouldn't fly today....not PC. I'll never forget that show!

I think there was mention in the next few days of the famous mangement "memo" that Kathy Levine was always receiving.....

Respected Contributor

@dodies wrote:

Not a Christmas memory but remember when Kenneth Jay Lane "drove" onto the set in the cardboard "faux" Rolls Royce and the door fell off when he got out?  So funny....

YES! I was watching that with my Mom and he put us on the floor laughing with his wonderful quip when he got out "They just don't make Rolls like they use to". Back in the day was such fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@Queen of shop wrote:

I miss the old Q too. It really isn't the same anymore. I know things change and evolve. That's just life, but the old QVC was so fun and educational.I learned so much about gems. Loved the shows where the host got to go to the mines. Like Judy going to South America for the emeralds.

MBR with Boyds Bears was a not miss for me. They were such an odd couple that really were funny as heck. MBR would turn ten shades of red. lol

Lisa's gold shows from Italy were so lovely with lush gardens as her backdrop.

Loved Dan and Pat in the mornings with Murphy the Q dog. That was a pleasant pairing.

Joan Rivers....what can I say. She was hysterical. I enjoyed her shows. RIP

I bought a gorgeous Brazilian Amethyst Pear-Shaped Ring in gold band and a square-shaped Brazilian Amethyst pendant on a gold chain. I really enjoyed those shows - and so glad I bought my jewelry in those days.