Trusted Contributor

My Mom was an avid QVC watcher. I started watching because of her. We loved the 50/50 tour shows. 

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I remember when Joan Rivers was on and they had these little soap opera skits with her, Kathy and Rick.  I always watched Christmas Eve with Kathy.  She would always say she volunteered because she was Jewish.  I miss Kathy more than anyone else.

@luvmybeetle 

I came to QVC long after Kathy was gone, but saw her briefly as a jewelry vendor. Now I do remember the HILARIOUS soap opera skits but these were with Joan Rivers, Rick, Dave King, Lisa Robertson and models Suzanne and Stacey....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyEDDAL-e_I

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My best memory is Joan Rivers and Kathy Levine joking around until QVC management ordered them to "cut it out."

It was a comedy show, one of the reasons I tuned in.  Then they became serious and I didn't watch as often; therefore, didn't buy as much.  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

First of all, make no mistake , I realize that QVC is a huge corporation now and not the cozy enterprise that it used to be. However the holidays makes me nostalgic for earlier times at the Q. I have a double cd of Christmas music performed by the hosts, recipe cards with recipes from the hosts, and Kathy Levine signing off right before Christmas break.  Newer posters don't really understand why we oldsters wax nostalgic about the good old days at QVC., and I completely understand. Do any of you  have a QVC memory to share ? 🎄

My fave Christmas QVC memory is when Jayne Brown & Lisa Mason sang 'Let it Snow' as a duet...fun Smiley Very Happy

Folks can google for it on youtube...

Respected Contributor

I liked to learn new things. Religion and  culture traditions from Poland, Italy and Russia. The cooking shows were educational and I learned tips and recipes. Ideas on fashion and beauty.  Gemstones I was not familar with. Living in a small town I saw items not available to me and new products. Now I see the same stuff in Wal-Mart and Amazon.

I loved Boyds Bears and how  Gary I think was his name used to make MBR blush with his remarks and shout "volume."  I loved the Irish shows and the Irish Pub and Celtic  music and dancing. I looked forward to those. Watched all day long when I could. Loved Lee Sands and still have his checkbook cover out of eelskin.

Joan  R. brought her dog Spike on set and Kathy brought hers Christmas eve. I loved the Golden on the bed when Dan Hughs was on in the AM.

Every once and awhile a Host who has been there awhile would say "dial the phone." Some of the callers were soooo lonely and ill.  I'd laugh as the Host had to cut them off and move on. Glad they don't take many testimonials any more.

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness, how could I forget about Murphy!   

I actually saved a pic of him years ago.   I always thought Goldens were special and he, indeed, was.   Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Love this thread.....

I moved to my current home the weekend of July 4, 1993.  It was a nightmare - my husband had to go to ER with intestinal blockage, I had a 11 year old son that my sister in law had to watch, and I was in a home where I didn't know where the lightswitches were!  

But I remember getting home from the hospital after being there all day (husband ended up being there for a couple of weeks!) and turning on QVC and it was the 4th of July silver jewelry show.  I bought a herringbone 16 inch silver necklace that I wore for years and years.  Mary Beth was on.  QVC was my comfort that day when everything was upside down for me.  

I started in 1988 or 1989.  Remember pink ice?  It was so pretty.  And affordable!  I still watch of course but it's not the same, you know?

Respected Contributor

I always enjoyed when Kathy would read the story "A Cup Of Christmas Tea". Way different times then.

Esteemed Contributor

@Deb0509 wrote:

I remember Kathy Levine always signing off at 4pm on Christmas Eve. I think she usually did Diamonique that day. It has nothing to do with Christmas but I used to love the way the hosts and sets were decorated on special days, such as Big Bonanza Silver day and Gold Rush days. And of course jewelry shows at all and the prices before gold and silver went sky high.

Kathy was great to watch.I'm so lucky to have purchased some beautiful 14KT and 18KT jewelry. Such a sweet, innocent time. I loved when Lisa Robertson and Dave King sang - I emailed Dave that I enjoyed it and he responded.

Regular Contributor

Not a Christmas memory but remember when Kenneth Jay Lane "drove" onto the set in the cardboard "faux" Rolls Royce and the door fell off when he got out?  So funny....