Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's CHRISTMAS PROGRAMMING AND DECORATING

When I do watch QVC, it's sure not for "excitement"!!

Esteemed Contributor

I mentioned this on a thread about a week ago.....The Q. sets were drab and lackluster..the trees were far and few between none where decorated like in the past years...just plain boring...

The merchandise was the worst that i have ever seen....same few items repeated over and over every hour...all through the season...

I can honestly say I rarely had the Q. on almost all year...just sporatically....i would check the items that were already shown and found i didn't miss anything.....

Honored Contributor

Christmas on the Q and frankly, the Q overall, has been steadily deteriorating for the past half a decade. This year was just abysmal. The repetition and their insistence on 'practical presents' just isn't what I want to see. I don't think I actually watched a full program during the entire holiday decorating and shopping season. Going forward, more product variety, and fewer host 'dedicated' shows, particularly where decor is concerned, might help.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I think the Q tree with purple and fuchsia ornaments and yellow fake flowers was one of the worst Christmas trees I have ever seen.  I agree that QVC fell flat in the Christmas decor this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

I remember the days with Thomas Pacconi items....gorgeous and very well made.  The price on these items were reasonable too.

I still have his large ornaments (table tops is what he called them) in the snowman family, nutcracker and Santa Claus.

Anyone remember these? 

@shell garden  lucymo in the Holiday forum posted pictures of a lot of Thomas Paconi's table top items that she owns, church, snowmen, Santas, etc., really something to see. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl....thank you.  I went over and saw her items.  Lovely, absolutely lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

When I do watch QVC, it's sure not for "excitement"!!

LOL, certainly not this year.

Esteemed Contributor

@circles wrote:

I mentioned this on a thread about a week ago.....The Q. sets were drab and lackluster..the trees were far and few between none where decorated like in the past years...just plain boring...

The merchandise was the worst that i have ever seen....same few items repeated over and over every hour...all through the season...

I can honestly say I rarely had the Q. on almost all year...just sporatically....i would check the items that were already shown and found i didn't miss anything.....

@circles.....perfectly stated!  The worst I have ever seen also. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Christmas on the Q and frankly, the Q overall, has been steadily deteriorating for the past half a decade. This year was just abysmal. The repetition and their insistence on 'practical presents' just isn't what I want to see. I don't think I actually watched a full program during the entire holiday decorating and shopping season. Going forward, more product variety, and fewer host 'dedicated' shows, particularly where decor is concerned, might help.

@stevieb..I agree especially with all thosed "host dedicated" shows.  I hardly watched the Q after seeing the dismal christmas decorating and the sets were just "blah"....  I just lost interest after awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb....you hit the nail on the head.  I lost interest fast.  I wonder if the layoffs had anything to do with manpower not available in decorating as festive as they have in the past.  Just so "ho hum"

Esteemed Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I think the Q tree with purple and fuchsia ornaments and yellow fake flowers was one of the worst Christmas trees I have ever seen.  I agree that QVC fell flat in the Christmas decor this year. 

@saltysails...lol, you are kidding, right?  LOL.  Now purple is my favorite color but not on a tree.

QVC fell flat big time this year in decor.  So sad.