Honored Contributor

Ok on the subject of dates - how did you meet your SO/husband

My first husband I met when he fixed my car for me in an emergency and he asked me out right then. He was SOOOO good looking. He was 10 years older than me and was divorced with custody of his 2 kids. Second husband - we have known each other since I was born - families were close. We "went steady" all through High school - broke up after I graduated and got back together after my first husband died. We have been married 33 years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ok on the subject of dates - how did you meet your SO/husband

#1 was my best friend's godfather.  

#2 was my next-door neighbor.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

ON a blind date arranged by a friend of his mother Who was also a friend of my mother.  I really didn't want to go but thought it would be really rude to refuse a request from my mother's friend.  We were married a year to the day later and were married for 42 years until his death this past Feb.

Esteemed Contributor

at work 36 years ago

Honored Contributor

#1 Husband - Blind date

#2 S.O. - On a cruise ship.  He was w/his fiance & I was there w/my girlfriends. sprint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Last boyfriend, he was a paralegal, I was a secretary at same firm.  We hung out together all the time for months, along with all of our co-workers.  We lunched together every day.  Then one day he and I drove down to the waterfront, sitting in the car eating and he leaned over and kissed me and told me he had fallen in love with me.  I totally didn't see it coming at all.  We managed to keep our relationship quiet at work - everyone still thought we were just friends.  We were together about three years, I changed jobs and the relationship ended.  I think we just didn't have anything in common anymore. 

Honored Contributor

On match.com

Respected Contributor

My first husband was a friend of my brother.  We were married for 7 years and then divorced.

My second husband I met at work.  We are still married.

Honored Contributor

I met my husband when he graduated from boot camp close to 50 yrs ago. He walked into the dance auditorium the whole room went black except for him. He said it was the same for him. We have been together ever since. When I arrived back on the bus to get back to my nursing school, i told the girls i was going to marry him,they all told me i was never going to see him again. He came for his date the next day and that is how it all began.

Trusted Contributor

About 27 years ago he placed an ad in the personal column of our newspaper.... and from the first time we met we became inseparable.... we married about 14 mo. later.