Respected Contributor

@VTM wrote:
I was wondering if its possible for someone you live with to order something from qvc and put it under your name and address but pay for it themselves under their name?

Yes..my mom had her credit card on my account and I purchased for her all the time...she use to just call in her items but never wanted to open a QVC account. Now I just use my card whenever she needs/wants something. Just beware that if that person's credit card information/payment information has issues your name will be associated with the mistakes.

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC question

[ Edited ]

I have ordered things for people that they wanted on my accounts, and put it on their charge card & had it mailed to their address.  Obviously it was either for family or good friends that did not have computer access or did not want to set up an account with QVC or other online stores, such as LLBean, Macy's etc.  They did not have direct access to my online ID's or passwords as I handled the ordering & they trusted me to use their CC info and never betray their trust or reuse their card.

If someone has opened up an account in your name then you should probably have the QVC Security Department investigate the situation.

Respected Contributor

@VTM wrote:
They have their own account but it sounds like to me they also opened an account in my name cause I never opened an account. Docent qvc ask for valid information to know if its really you?

Most of the accounts are linked by telephone number or email address...so it depends on the information they used to set up the account. I am sure the Q system will notice if there is a duplicate account and possibly reject opening another account even with a different name.

If this is fraud I would contact CS and let them know because each customer is assigned a customer# that is unique to that account. Years ago my brother opened an account and used my information. I had to file a police report and eventually the account was transferred to his name and he was made responsible for the charges.

Respected Contributor

@VTM wrote:
They have their own account but it sounds like to me they also opened an account in my name cause I never opened an account. Docent qvc ask for valid information to know if its really you?

This sounds like one type of identity theft, where someone opens credit cards in your name and goes on a spending spree. By the time you get the first bill (if they used your address), the damage has been done. 

Respected Contributor

Indeed, it is possible for someone living at the same address to have their own QVC account.  My husband had one to make a single purchase;  I accidently charged an item under his account.  He closed his account!  LOL!   

New Contributor
I appreciate everybodys take on this. After reading everybodys comments I think what happened is someone I live with opened an account in my name using and linking a credit card in in their name to purchase items. I never got a bill from qvc and I never opened an account until today because I wanted to ask this question. Having said that shouldn't that be illegal? I mean the credit card on the persons account has a different name on it from the persons name on the account, thats odd that they wouldn't even confirm if its them or not? Anyway im planning to ask customer service just to see what they say
Valued Contributor

@VTM wrote:
I appreciate everybodys take on this. After reading everybodys comments I think what happened is someone I live with opened an account in my name using and linking a credit card in in their name to purchase items. I never got a bill from qvc and I never opened an account until today because I wanted to ask this question. Having said that shouldn't that be illegal? I mean the credit card on the persons account has a different name on it from the persons name on the account, thats odd that they wouldn't even confirm if its them or not? Anyway im planning to ask customer service just to see what they say

--

Are you sure they opened an account in your name? It could just be a "bill to- ship to" situation, which my mother often uses. She has her own account and credit card, but has items shipped to me at my address when she plans to be staying with me at the time shipment is expected. She gets the bill; I get the package.

Valued Contributor

@VTM wrote:

What valid informstion would you recommend?  All that is asked is your address and card number.  They won't ask for your SS number, finger print, or first born.  They would have no way of knowing the answers.   Sounds like you have a roommate/fsmily problem.

Honored Contributor

@VTM wrote:

@VTM.  Like what?  They ask for the same info every other internet merchant asks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@VTM wrote:

not quite sure why you think they used your name or phone number to open an account?

qvc doesnt send out bills. if they opened a credit card then you would get a qvc credit card bill.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein