Honored Contributor

Re: QVC has gone bonkers

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

People who think Covid is over and gone are not up on their current events.  It has been raging in Asia where much of what we buy is made and from where it is shipped.  Its so bad there, they've fenced in apartment buildings to keep people at home.  It has seriously affected production and shipment of goods.

In my experience, UPS seems to have fallen apart and QVC's use of a "shipping partner" is royally delaying the receipt of our orders.

@Kachina624 Shanghai is the only area i know of with these ridiculous lockdowns.  If you look at the numbers, it wasn't really raging at all. They are just crazy cautious to the point of overkill.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

Routing was mentioned by @Harpa. Sorry about the confusion @stateofmichigan.

Yes, I picked up on the "bonkers." Not from a 3rd party shipping company, but from the QVC facility -- from Nevada to Canada?! And then to a few towns in my state -- okay, that's fine, but not yet to me!

Did we have to go via Canada? I'm not necessarily complaining about a delay, nor anything really. I just do not understand this arrangment.

Trusted Contributor

I rarely order from QVC, but have had real issues with a few other companies. I think blaming COVID right now because they can't ship a pkg from Asheville to Joplin, MO within three weeks is a real stretch. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've found that Covid affected a lot of businesses and it seems that many never really got back to where they were prior.  In many cases, that means poor customer service.  

Customer service was very good at qvc years ago.  Not the case now.  

I can't explain the crazy shipping that I sometimes see.