Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Unscripted Weekly Talk Show, Kim Gravel NOW

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'm really looking forward to it too!  It should be very entertaining and, after all, that's what Q is all about now.

@Johnnyeager 

i like your overall general positivity when it comes to new things being tried on qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I read about it and it is just another hardcore sales show. I look to QVC when I’m interested in purchasing something. All QVC wants to do is sell products. I’m not looking to be conned into thinking it is entertainment. 

Honored Contributor

It will just be QVC item presentations presented in a format resembling  a talk show.

Respected Contributor

Bet Shawn is jealous! Lol.

Respected Contributor

Something I'll be skipping.

Esteemed Contributor

I had not heard of this show, and there might be people I'd like to see on it, but SHE is not one of them. I cannot watch nor listen to her, nor do I want to buy her clothes.

Honored Contributor

They have got to be kidding!
Honored Contributor

I can't wait! But I can't watch in real time. Smiley Sad

I think Kim is great. I wear her clothes and her makeup (sometimes - I'm very fickle when it comes to makeup!). I like her personality and think she's basically a kind person who likes to make people feel good. 

I wonder if this will be available to watch whenever on QVC's Facebook (?)  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I assume that the format is Kim presenting QVC items for sale in a talk show format.  

It's not a new concept.  Joan Rivers did it on her own daytime talk show back in 1989 for which she won an Emmy.

It's a softer sale approach to moving merchandise.

----------------

With Kim G. as the host, am not sure that approach will be "softer"!!!  Her very loud voice and bouncing off the wall energy...maybe she will tone it down some!!!  Am sure she is a very warm, caring, sweet person....but I cannot watch her shows!!  She wears me out....

Esteemed Contributor

Count me out.  She is too loud and abrasive.....a bit crude.  One of the last times she was on she said that she told her son she would like to smash him in the face.  Apparently he was mouthing off.  I am sure we have all felt like that one time or another, but reliving it on a shopping channel is poor taste.  She also said that when they go out to dinner as a family, her husband will only let them order one drink and they have to pass it around and share it.  

If these are the things she is going to talk about, no thanks.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!