Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Unscripted Weekly Talk Show, Kim Gravel NOW

Interesting experiment.    It will boil down to sales.   Can Susan Graver be far behind?

Honored Contributor

They tried this with Lisa Robertson.  It lasted exactly one hour.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Wait. What?  This is going to air on the main channel?  Is Kim going to be selling items?  I guess I don't get it.  They are making it sound as if it's going to be a talk show but I can't see them missing out on an hour of sales. 

Respected Contributor

H A R D   P A S S !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'm really looking forward to it too!  It should be very entertaining and, after all, that's what Q is all about now.

If they’re all about entertaining, I suppose that’s why I saw Jane and a vendor and somebody else… Maybe a studio person… Sitting at a table and eating some of the food being shown during a food show. Alberti was the host. Doesn’t he eat the food? Or was the watching of them eating supposed to be entertaining?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I assume that the format is Kim presenting QVC items for sale in a talk show format.  

It's not a new concept.  Joan Rivers did it on her own daytime talk show back in 1989 for which she won an Emmy.

It's a softer sale approach to moving merchandise.

Honored Contributor

I read that several days ago.  I wonder if her program will be strictly entertainment of if they will include merchandise.  It's certainly for a shopping channel.  Apparently there are people who do watch QVC solely for company and entertainement.  I only know Gravel from QVC but I know nothing about her as an entertainer or reality show person or whatever she's known for.  I'm not likely to watch, if I want to see tv, there is lots of real tv to watch.

Valued Contributor

This is really funny.  Nothing against Kim.  Here lately I was thinking to myself, the hosts all seem like they have their own talk show....whala!  Wish QVC read these boards to see what we enjoy and boast their sales...present product, don't tell us how many we need, don't use flex pay to imply the price, show the assets and allow the viewer to decide, show us how it works but not weird ways to wear or use it.  I'd love to be able to watch QVC again.

Respected Contributor

What this seems like to me, is that Kim will be the host.  They can't call her a host because that is not her job title, QVC did not hire Kim as a host.  She is gonna self stuff, like any other host would.

By the way, I do like Kim, and I think she will do very well at this so called "talk show".

Honored Contributor

kim definitely has a gift for gab!

i will probably tune in to see what the format is.

i am picturing something like what dave james had for a while. remember when he did shows in the "late night talk show" format? it was entertaining.....he was entertaining.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein