Contributor

When they announced the man owning QVC bought HSN, I feared prices would go up on HSN. Very recently I studied a much needed new printer on HSN. By the time I had decided what would be perfect, it was sold out. I had no choice but to get it but this IDENTICAL printer on HSN was 89.99 and on QVC was $110.46........$20.47 difference on the very same machine. More and more I check EVINE and AMAZON for same products or similar. Don't fall for all the sales pitch. 

Honored Contributor

I also shop around on everything but clothes.  It's hard to do that on clothes.

QVC prices on clothes have gone crazy!  A Joan Rivers' button up blouse is now up to $60!

Esteemed Contributor

Uh, QVC isn't the only place where prices have gone up.

Have you checked prices at the pump when you get gas?

That's gone up.

Have you checked the prices of food when you go grocery shopping?

That's gone up.

Have you checked the prices for household items?

Yup, that's gone up too.

So, QVC is hardly the lone wolf in prices going up.

Prices have gone up everywhere.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Uh, QVC isn't the only place where prices have gone up.

Have you checked prices at the pump when you get gas?

That's gone up.

Have you checked the prices of food when you go grocery shopping?

That's gone up.

Have you checked the prices for household items?

Yup, that's gone up too.

So, QVC is hardly the lone wolf in prices going up.

Prices have gone up everywhere.

Yes, greed is alive and well everywhere.

Honored Contributor

But QVC is the winner..🏆..their prices on everything went up way before the aforementioned items...particulary QVC clothing.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Not to argue but I think J River's line may be better quality than some of these recent CA lines offering thin fabrics - I can see on TV how thin they are. $60 for Joan or $60 for Martha is within a reasonable price in my opinion.  Orvis charges $69 - $79 as their standard price unless on Clearance.

I want quality - fit - good fabrics and well made & will pay a little more.

Graver wants even higher prices for some unrealistic prints although I think they are well made.  (I don't buy)

Honored Contributor

I think these tariffs have cause prices to increase 10-20% on things like clothing and anything that contains steel, like appliances.  The refrigerator i priced 2 years ago at $900., is now close to $1200.  Much of our processed food contains ingredients that may be imported so prices have increased in the form of smaller quanity.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Yep--their clothing prices have gotten ridiculous, esp. Denim and Co.  which used to be an affordable line.  And yes, Joan Rivers tops are ridiculously overpriced.  And then add additional shipping charges for each piece!!!

While I like SG because she has some unique pieces and I will buy on occasion, I can buy clothing in stores like Boscov's that are excellent quality and a fraction of QVC's price. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, the numbers have gone up everywhere...except the numbers on my paycheck. That hasn't budged.

Respected Contributor

I wish you ladies could live near me and shop at the two QVC outlets for clothes.  

It is an ongoing treasure hunt for sizes, styles, brands, and colors, but oh, what remarkable deals!  (And jewelry at 70% off a few times a year)

I also live near the second biggest mall in the country, K of P, so almost any thing can be found there, and it is a great place to compare prices. 

The point is, when I buy online from QVC, it is an item I usually really want, and I think the price is more or less fair.

I like EVINE and HSN as well, but I think the fashion department of QVC has always had more variety of unique designers and styles.