Regular Contributor

Their prices are entirely too high in relation to the quality  

of the items they sell. 

Trusted Contributor

Don't buy from QVC if you do not believe you are getting value for your money. 

This is true of any retailer. Buy only what you need. Buy only where you think a price for something is fair or there is no choice to buy it. 

Use this guideline for purchasing optional items, the ones subject to your whims but might be relatively expensive:

Its not what it costs, but what it's worth to you to have. 

Trusted Contributor

I find this statement a very blanket statement and not accurate for all. I believe you should price check any purchase you make from all retailers. I was raised, and raised my own children, if it wasn't "on sale" you shouldn't buy it. In finance classes they refer to the full price as the "sucker" price, and this is not just QVC.

QVC definitely has great deals. My last example is a purchase today. I love candles and burn them most every day. Typically I buy from BBW on sale, most purchased @ $10 each. Today I got Harry Slatkin set of 2 at a Lunchtime Special averaging less than $10. I cannot buy these candles for that price elsewhere. Oh ya, free shipping. I am a savvy shopper and never pay full price, in addition, I need reviews to determine whether the item will meet my expectations. I have been happy with my over 200 QVC purchases last year with the exception of one item running too large and I returned. 

Anywhere you shop you must compare prices if you want the best deal at that time. QVC's regular price items are high but like @Gishu states, it's what it's worth to you. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree. ALMOST everything QVC can be found ELSEWHERE for LESS and FREE shipping.

Trusted Contributor

As always-- Buyer Beware.  Do your research and comparative shop.  It's super easy these days.

They offer excellent deals on beauty products. 

If you don't like QVC, don't shop.  It's super easy to change the channel.  

Honored Contributor

It's like the Acme supermarkets around here.  Prices are very high but good deals can be found occasionally.

Honored Contributor

You are one of others who also noticed.  

Yes, prices up, quality down.

Respected Contributor

The two main reasons I began shopping at QVC have gone away, so I don't even consider buying them now. Diamonique and L&L, both have plummeted on quality so that they are really worthless now. The last item I purchased of each brand broke right after the return period was over. They only take things back for 30 days because they don't expect them to last longer than that now. Highly disappointing.

High quality, well-made products are still out there, but you have to really look for them and they cost a lot more. 

Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

As always-- Buyer Beware.  Do your research and comparative shop.  It's super easy these days.

They offer excellent deals on beauty products. 

If you don't like QVC, don't shop.  It's super easy to change the channel.  

I’m sure she knows she can change the channel. That line is worn out. @justashopper 

Esteemed Contributor

Recently I have found numerous good deals on QVC, clearance, lunchtime specials, and "As Is" items.  Even with shipping, I think I got great bargains.  I love getting a great As Is deal, as every AS IS item I have purchased looks brand new.  I am likely to never pay full price on any QVC item.  I know they raise the regular QVC price and then put it on clearance to make you think you are getting a steal, but the clearance prices can be high too.  It is all whatever you think it is worth to you.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead