Trusted Contributor

I purchased the Bethlehem Lights Fairy Light strands and I have to say they are THE WORST purchase I've ever made from QVC.

The vendor sang the praises of the "new technology" of these lights. Even the description says you will get 72 days of lighting from one battery.....NOT!!! I have lost track of the number of batteries I have used this holiday season!!! They have been so costly I can't begin to express my frustration!!!!!!!!!!! I have used 3 different brands of batteries and there are times when they quit working after 2 days!!!!! 
I will be returning all 3 sets I purchased. 
Not sure where quality fits into the QVC brand....but these lights are total duds!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes 

Did you try the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries with those? They really are the best, far better than any alkaline battery out there.

Respected Contributor

Re: Worst Purchase Ever!!!

[ Edited ]

I agree. I bought those lights a couple of years ago and they did the same thing. Idk if they touted them this year as new and improved, but I wouldn't purchase their lights again.

That being said, I have numerous Bethlehem Lights Flameless Candles that are at least 6 or 7 years old and they are great. I even bought As Is when they discontinued them. They take D batteries and they rival Luminara. 

The remotes to Luminara and BL are interchangeable.

Honored Contributor

I didn't have good luck either with my [first and only] BL purchase - a wreath.  But that was years ago.

On the other hand, I'm pleased with the "fairy lights" i bought this year at Home Depot.  The description is "36 Warm White LED Small Dot Lights with Timer, Battery Operated." It takes three AA batteries (sold separately), and has been going strong for almost a month. 

I agree with the other poster - it's best to stick with name-brand batteries for light strings.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

I purchased the Bethlehem Lights Fairy Light strands and I have to say they are THE WORST purchase I've ever made from QVC.

The vendor sang the praises of the "new technology" of these lights. Even the description says you will get 72 days of lighting from one battery.....NOT!!! I have lost track of the number of batteries I have used this holiday season!!! They have been so costly I can't begin to express my frustration!!!!!!!!!!! I have used 3 different brands of batteries and there are times when they quit working after 2 days!!!!! 
I will be returning all 3 sets I purchased. 
Not sure where quality fits into the QVC brand....but these lights are total duds!!!!!!

@grandma petes  send them back as defective.  They didn't live up to the promise.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I know the frustration of fairie lights gobbling up batteries like there's no tomorrow! I remember that presentation from Bethlehem lights, and the new so-called technology. It never works. I bought a pretty lantern at a craft show that I had battery lights, and after the second time I replaced the batteries, I threw the fairie lights out and replaced it with a Luminara candle. Much better. 

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes    I've read other complaints on these lights.  Sounds like QVC was snookered by Bethlehem Lights.  By all means, return them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 Or we were snookered by QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr I must have purchased the same wreath as you years ago, LOL!  It didn't last very long and it actually started to change color, weird.   I do have their version of fairy lights though and I have to say they have worked nicely for a few seasons now.  I got the ones that have both the bright white and the soft white mixed on one strand.  It's great for me as I mix new and older battery candles and some are bright while others are soft.  It give it a nice balance.  The compartment does take 4 AA batteries but they last quite a while.

Honored Contributor

As far as batteries, i have luck with amazon brand.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.