Honored Contributor

Today, just a few moments ago, QVC stopped for a moment of silence to allow everyone to reflect on their thoughts for the Las Vegas tragedy.

How nice, QVC. ❤️❤️❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC ONE MINUTE OF SILENCE

Very thoughtful on their part

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

A great move on there part.  So glad they observed it.

JUST A TRAGIC EVENT.  I HATE ALLLL GUNS.

Esteemed Contributor

Respectful. I saw Jennifer Coffey very close to tears. So sad.

Honored Contributor

Today, The Talk devoted their entire hour to the tragedy and had no guests on.

Honored Contributor

For QVC or a business, I don't think it is appropriate.  How do you decide what to do this for?  Whose tragedy rates, whose doesn't?  

I also think it is time we stopped lowering the flag.  There is not a way to determine when this is done, so to me, it should only be done maybe for the death of a president.  We lower the stars and stripes now sometimes when I think if anything it should be flying higher.  

Not trying to be mean, but I don't know how we decide what to do things for like this now.  Floods?  Hurricanes?  VIolence (where, how many, etc?)?  I guess I feel like there are too many to decide and rate them for importance, so it might be best to stop.

NOT that we should not reflect and honor those victims, but just maybe not the flag lowered.  Keep the stars and stripes flying for hope for us all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  I agree with you wholeheartedly. Who is to decide what the numerical cut-off is for deaths in a tragic event?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

businesses can do what they like. and those that don't like it can move on to other providers. i think it was respectful of QVC to do this - respectful to the sadness of its viewers, respectful to the feelings of  thousands that were swept up in this last night, respectful of the bravery and sacrifice of last night's 1st responders and regular Joe/Jo heroes/heroines, and respectful to the fallen who are still  being identified and their devastated families who are still being notified. i appreciated it. as for other mass tragedies/disasters they have recognized them as well in one way or another.   

Honored Contributor

@LTT1  Heart

@LTT1 wrote:

Today, just a few moments ago, QVC stopped for a moment of silence to allow everyone to reflect on their thoughts for the Las Vegas tragedy.

How nice, QVC. ❤️❤️❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

businesses can do what they like. and those that don't like it can move on to other providers. i think it was respectful of QVC to do this - respectful to the sadness of its viewers, respectful to the feelings of  thousands that were swept up in this last night, respectful of the bravery and sacrifice of last night's 1st responders and regular Joe/Jo heroes/heroines, and respectful to the fallen who are still  being identified and their devastated families who are still being notified. i appreciated it. as for other mass tragedies/disasters they have recognized them as well in one way or another.   

I agree...the whole country was in shock with what happened in Las Vegas and I applaud QVC for showing respect for the terrible tragedy that unfolded.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam