Valued Contributor

I believe many people are under the mistaken notion that the moderators are IT people.  It is my understanding that the moderators are QVC employees who are users like us, but they have a higher security clearance that allows them to move/remove inappropriate posts.  They can also communicate with posters having issues, and point out help topics.  They can accumulate our suggestions and complaints and pass them on to the IT team, who will decide what they will and will not implement.  Not sure, but the IT team is probably a 3rd party site that hosts the entire website.  The moderators, as go-betweens really can't make promises as to when a feature will be operational, because it's not in their control.

(Moderators, feel free to correct me if I am way off base here.)

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for your helping me with some of the things I needed help with.  I do have thbe new laptop with Windows 10, and now have a lot to learn.  Got the HP Pavillion at Office Max. 

And right now, I have my place full with chemo treatments, eye and ear problems from the chemo, and now having to learn a new computer and program.  Have lots to learn.....

Valued Contributor

Your'e welcome, ShowMe.

Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I believe many people are under the mistaken notion that the moderators are IT people.  It is my understanding that the moderators are QVC employees who are users like us, but they have a higher security clearance that allows them to move/remove inappropriate posts.  They can also communicate with posters having issues, and point out help topics.  They can accumulate our suggestions and complaints and pass them on to the IT team, who will decide what they will and will not implement.  Not sure, but the IT team is probably a 3rd party site that hosts the entire website.  The moderators, as go-betweens really can't make promises as to when a feature will be operational, because it's not in their control.

I understand everything you said.......but surely they have to report to someone when we make a request........I know they are not the "it" people, and they can't make promises to us, but surely they have someone they can relay this to......

We'll see if things improve here.

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@biancardi wrote:
Also, one more thing......it would be nice if we didn't have to start out on a thread at the very beginning every time we want to post on a thread. 

there is a reply button on every one's post, I just click on reply on any of them.  Or maybe I am misunderstanding this?

Sorry, but I think you misunderstood......

can you clarify then?  Because I never have to start out at the beginning a thread every time - if I have read it, it will take me to the last unread post.  And every post made has a reply button that I can click on

I may have misunderstood, but I guess that is because I don't understand the complaint. 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I believe you are correct, as mods have stated in the Suggstion Box (where they do read and respond over there) that they will bring the issues to their IT staff.

Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
Valued Contributor

ShowMe, I agree, and I certainly support all of the threads asking for changes/suggestions.  All we can do is keep making the requests, and I usually add my 2 cents to every thread about displays, emoticons, posting dates, etc.  All we can do is be the squeaky wheel.  I just wonder how many different sites the IT team is hosting, and I fear we are probably pretty far down on their priority list.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

these are the settings I have - it marks the thread read everytime I open it, so it will bring me to the latest post 

My Settings - Blogs & Forums 2015-08-09 16-05-06.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

ShowMe, I agree, and I certainly support all of the threads asking for changes/suggestions.  All we can do is keep making the requests, and I usually add my 2 cents to every thread about displays, emoticons, posting dates, etc.  All we can do is be the squeaky wheel.  I just wonder how many different sites the IT team is hosting, and I fear we are probably pretty far down on their priority list.

Agree with that......

Interesting that no one has come on here from the Q yet.  Guess they don't know what to say that would be different than what they have already said.

Honored Contributor

Have you ladies tried adjusting the brightness on your computers?  It may be set at a brightness level that too much for your eyes.  I can even adjust it on my pad.  I don't see that the Q boards are overly bright or are worse than any other website.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment