Honored Contributor

How much longer are we going to have to wait for the improvement of the background brightness and color of the print.....?????

Hope you are reading some of the threads on here where comments are continuously being made about this by others that do have eye problems....... 

Also, we would like to have you all change the hours ago, minutes ago, and seconds ago to an actual time......like last post was made at 10:05 am......  This would be so much easier for us to read.

Also, one more thing......it would be nice if we didn't have to start out on a thread at the very beginning every time we want to post on a thread. 

Posting on here isn't much of a pleasure anymore.....and many posters have left to go elsewhere.

Valued Contributor

ShowMe, you can change the time of the posts to read actual (clock) time in your preferences. I think the default is "relative time" (something like that)uncheck that.

Respected Contributor
Also, one more thing......it would be nice if we didn't have to start out on a thread at the very beginning every time we want to post on a thread. 

there is a reply button on every one's post, I just click on reply on any of them.  Or maybe I am misunderstanding this?

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure you can change how the time shows under your settings but it's easier for me to do on a laptop than iPad.

Valued Contributor

Also, if you click on the date/time of the last post, it will take you to that last post so you don't have to start at the beginning. 

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

How much longer are we going to have to wait for the improvement of the background brightness and color of the print.....?????

Hope you are reading some of the threads on here where comments are continuously being made about this by others that do have eye problems....... 

I absolutely agree.  I just had eye surgery last week and this bright background is making it almost impossible to visit the Board.  The only way I can use it is with sunglasses, which I am wearing right now.  If there is a good reason why this can't be changed, I wish one of the moderators would explain. Otherwise, can't we please do something about it, or at least acknowledge our concerns?  Not demanding - just pleading!!

Also, can't we start the font sizes with the #2 instead of #1, which is almost too small for lots of us to read?  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

Also, we would like to have you all change the hours ago, minutes ago, and seconds ago to an actual time......like last post was made at 10:05 am......  This would be so much easier for us to read.

Posting on here isn't much of a pleasure anymore.....and many posters have left to go elsewhere.

You have the choice on this already, as someone has said.

Under your ID, in the drop-down menu, choose "My Settings".

Under that choose "Preferences", then "Display".

On the right you'll see a whole list of settings.  Scroll down until you see "Use Relative Dates" and uncheck that box.

Honored Contributor

@garmer wrote:

ShowMe, you can change the time of the posts to read actual (clock) time in your preferences. I think the default is "relative time" (something like that)uncheck that.

Thanks gamer.....someone else told me how to do it on another thread, and it has been accomplished.  That is much easier to keep track of the posts. 

Honored Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

there is a reply button on every one's post, I just click on reply on any of them.  Or maybe I am misunderstanding this?

Sorry, but I think you misunderstood......

Valued Contributor

Well, so far today, this is the 4th time I've had to sign in since I did this morning at 11 am.  It does get tiring.  Even if I just want to read, I cannot read the small print unless I sign in.

Then there's the issue of the jumping screen while it takes time to load.

Ugh.... I hope some of these changes are made soon.  Never had those problems on the BB before this one.