Trusted Contributor

@MandyG06

So sorry to read about your job loss.  I hope you are able to find something soon.  Maybe now is a good time to think outside the box.

In 2004, my company, which had been headquartered in NY for 50+ years, relocated to Illinois as a result of a merger.  1,800 of us lost our jobs (not counting the previous losses).  I had been there for 30 years, but was only 49, so I could not retire.

I ended up getting a job in one of our school districts as secretary to the Principal.  I must say - best move I ever made.  Someone was definitely looking over me on that one.  I retired 2 years ago and left with great benefits.  

I wish the same luck for you!

Valued Contributor
No, this isnt surprising. What IS surprising is that with the boom in online shopping QVC cant keep up. With 30 day "in process" orders, dismal customer service and hosts that have just gotten unwatchable it's no wonder the Q is sinking like a stone. Maybe they'll spend the money they are saving in salaries and extra channels and revamp the Q. More modern and updated merchandise would be a good place to start.
Respected Contributor

I've felt for a long time now that tv shopping isn't what it used to be....younger people don't tend to watch and shop.  With QVC's refusal to change their archaic shipping and handling, the increased prices, same old products....it appears the plan is NOT to change.  Instead the bigwigs will ride it for as long as they can to make their $, and then it will be no more.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Layoffs

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Well the only way the company booms is they bring LR back their cash cow
@JONNYSBRO    To even mention such a thing at this time is in dismally poor taste and beyond ridiculous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE Not sure, but I wonder if they have to be carefult avoid age discrimination issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@hippiechick7897 wrote:
Totally not understanding their selections here. There are far worse, more polarizing and ill prepared ones that should have been chosen.

------------------

Totally agree!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Well the only way the company booms is they bring LR back their cash cow

OMG it did not take you long to go there.  If you think LR can save QVC, well, you are wrong.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Layoffs

[ Edited ]

Watching Gabrielle on Q2 at this moment- repeated program, of course.

Gabrielle would not have been on my list of hosts to cut! I think she was part-time status at best.

So far two women who have young children at home. IMO Gabrielle came a very long way from when she started. It seemed she was exclusively on Q2 and a host for at least 10 years. Sorry to see her go- very professional and always well prepared for fashion shows, which were most of her presentations.

Maybe these hosts were offered buyouts of their contracts. I hope so. They may be at home again come next month with the status of in-person school still in limbo.

Occasional Contributor

Someone mentioned 4 hosts were being let go. Rachel McCray (i think that was her name) announced she left, Stacy and Gabrielle. Wonder who the 4th is ? And I wonder why some of the newest hosts were not let go vs. some that have been there over 10 years. I wonder if it was decided by sales ?

Valued Contributor
Rachel McCray isn’t part of these cuts. She’s been gone for quite awhile before this.