Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Layoffs

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I am so sorry that Antonella is no longer with QVC!

I have seen most all of the social media pages of the hosts .  Kerstin Lindquist has multiple profile pages on Instagram alone.  I had not been on her page for several months, but I looked yesterday with all of the hosts leaving.  On one of her pages, she and her family have a video up where they are all on a very small boat enjoying their current vacation.  Kerstin says in a couple of years, they are planning on taking five months to sail to places to do charitable works.  Places that have a connection to her children, like Mexico.  

I wonder if QVC already knows of her plans to take five months off, even leave QVC, in a couple of years.  I thought that was a very odd thing to talk about publicly on Instagram, where so may peruse all the time. It's there for anyone to see the video, in her own words.

With Antonella gone I keep thinking about that now.  How do they keep KL and not Antonella? 

@Caaareful Shopper 

That's one of KL's problems she says a lot of things on her social media and on air that are always a bit TMI.....And then cries that people are mean when they comment on what she said.  I prefer hosts like Leah that might mention a vacation she took with her family in California or that her sister liked a product, but that is RARE, she keeps her personal life pretty private! Which is the way it should be and I think thats why most viewers like her and respect her....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Unfortunately it is happening all over, my company has laid off close to 300 employees so far...and asked management level one and two such as myself to take a 10% salary cut until December 2020.  After reviewing the budget they decided that level two will not have to take the salary reduction but level one will.  I wonder if management at QVC did this.  I don't shop as much as I use to even before the pandemic started but I never understood the purpose of adding the QVC 2 & QVC 3 which I don't think I watch or glanced at more than once; if I need to see a show from a designer I would just go online and look at the video.

@Luvitorleaveit1 

"but I never understood the purpose of adding the QVC 2 & QVC 3 which I don't think I watch or glanced at more than once"

I remember years ago....when they first launched Q2, Jill Bauer did one of the first shows....And Jill said this studio was a test and is an actual house, and QVC felt that the products could be shown in a more realistic setting........But JMHO it seems it morphed into a too expensive experiment with not enough viewers and sales to support it (along with Q3) and hence thats why the reruns....(and I read that the cable companies also take a piece of the sales pie as well)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

Every time I see this post, I feel sad. Gabrielle was the best of the best and she knew how to present a product and make it interesting to learn about. No splits, squats, no hair in her face, no silly antics! She should have been given a raise in salary and

put in charge of training new hosts .

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Unfortunately it is happening all over, my company has laid off close to 300 employees so far...and asked management level one and two such as myself to take a 10% salary cut until December 2020.  After reviewing the budget they decided that level two will not have to take the salary reduction but level one will.  I wonder if management at QVC did this.  I don't shop as much as I use to even before the pandemic started but I never understood the purpose of adding the QVC 2 & QVC 3 which I don't think I watch or glanced at more than once; if I need to see a show from a designer I would just go online and look at the video.

@Luvitorleaveit1 

"but I never understood the purpose of adding the QVC 2 & QVC 3 which I don't think I watch or glanced at more than once"

I remember years ago....when they first launched Q2, Jill Bauer did one of the first shows....And Jill said this studio was a test and is an actual house, and QVC felt that the products could be shown in a more realistic setting........But JMHO it seems it morphed into a too expensive experiment with not enough viewers and sales to support it (along with Q3) and hence thats why the reruns....(and I read that the cable companies also take a piece of the sales pie as well)....

I also think that many people never got Q2 and Q3 on their cable systems, so they never took off.   They might have done better if they'd had a wider audience.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 

I also think that many people never got Q2 and Q3 on their cable systems, so they never took off.   They might have done better if they'd had a wider audience.

@geezerette 

I once read an article about how retailers need to "know their customer" apparently QVC does not, you are right, not many cable systems picked up Q2 & Q3, but QVC thought that since young people like to stream shows that perhaps QVC would gain the younger demographic and since streaming has become so popular that even their current customers would be streaming those channels, But SUPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE, customers that didnt have the channels didn't/dont want to stream the channels (perhaps due to data cap limits)....and QVC just doesn't attract a younger demographic either....Woman Frustrated

Occasional Contributor

I don't think LR would ever come back, she is her own boss now and appears to be doing well! 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

LR did one info commercial, everyone on QVC does info....Mally, IT cosmetics, Laura Gellar and your point?? She is doing quite well on her own, do your reseach!!

Super Contributor

I wish they would have laid off Mary Beth Roe, Jane Tracey and David V and kept the ones that they did lay off.  The OLD hosts need to go ! ! !

Respected Contributor

for heavens sake...it's a shopping channel. Those hosts are employees, NOT your friends. They don't come across like friends because they like you--they do it to part you from your MONEY. That's their JOB and they get paid to do it.

Despite reports to the contrary, it's NOT a sign of the Apocolypse..

Respected Contributor

@bigtraps wrote:

I wish they would have laid off Mary Beth Roe, Jane Tracey and David V and kept the ones that they did lay off.  The OLD hosts need to go ! ! !

Well, aren't you just slopping over with the milk of human kindness!