Respected Contributor

@esmerelda Agree, thought the same thing.

Respected Contributor

@bobbydeeschair Speaking your mind doesn't have to be whining as you say, or spending an entire day crying about it or move on get a life get off the couch.

Sounds like projection to me and that you're describing your own attitude and life.

Esteemed Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

A lot of people on here are assuming that QVC is laying people off due to poor sales. Quite the contrary!! Their sales in just the food category are up 60% since COVID-19 started. Its probably the usual suspects, the corporate dummies, who like to make changes based on business Just curious how do you know about growth theories rather than common sense.

Just curious, how do you know about the food category? I don't think that will continue. Do you think that is enough to cover losses on other products?  Something is happening with their finances for them to layoff employees and put QVC2 on continuous reruns. They have QVC3 on reruns. Doesn't sound good.

Esteemed Contributor
I certainly won’t miss Kristine Zell for sure. That was an instant channel changer for me. If it’s true Antonella is gone it is somewhat surprising but understandable. Other than presenting jewelry she was really terrible presenting fashion and beauty. I guess seniority doesn’t come I to play since a few of the newer hosts seem to have kept their jobs like the Zish girl and that obnoxious Faerley [sic] person.
Regular Contributor

Not true.  Lisa Robertson has her own company and sells unique, more high end items. You can find this at lisarobertson dot com.  I don't believe she is doing any infomercials.  You may be thinking of Patti Reilly who reps several brands... I liked both of these hosts and miss the days they were with QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Layoffs

[ Edited ]

@furbabylover wrote:

A lot of people on here are assuming that QVC is laying people off due to poor sales. Quite the contrary!! Their sales in just the food category are up 60% since COVID-19 started. Its probably the usual suspects, the corporate dummies, who like to make changes based on business growth theories rather than common sense.

@furbabylover 

I agree. I haven’t checked for the numbers but I have heard reports that QVC (HSN, too) has been slammed with so much extra business since the pandemic started that it is overwhelming them. 

There may be layoffs but they are not because the company is in finanical trouble and about to go out of business. More like the parent company is doing another round of changes so there is more money going into their pockets.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it was insensitive to make a big deal of a host’s birthday on air with cake and flowers at the same time other hosts are being unceremoniously dismissed? Happy birthday to the birthday girl; I just think maybe it could’ve/should’ve been done behind the scenes.

@esmerelda . I saw that and thought a little in poor taste, not to begrudge Ali's birthday, she is sweet, but maybe behind the scenes would have been better given what had transpired throughout the day.

It brought me back to one of my old jobs where our Team Leader gave one of our co workers flowers and a nice card for her 20th anniversary in the morning, and then after lunch let her go due to downsizing! It was so hurtful and mean, I will never ever forget it! I felt so horrible for the co worker-it was just so cruel...... Have a little empathy.....

Frequent Contributor

I read Antionella is not coming back, she brings so much to the  Q with her warm, wonderful personality. I pray they did not let her go. Jill is gone, This is not good at all., Do we know of anyone else? These people are like a second family to all of us.I hope QVC is thinking twice about these layoff's - I know I am. I spend a great deal of money on the Q. I am a very loyal person in every sense of the word, I expect that door to swing both ways.

Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your job loss. It too happened to me twice. It actually heartbreaking. God bless - good luck The  QIi feel has been most successful with the pandemic- I do not understand the layoffs?

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Must be nervewracking for some of the hoity-toity ones who seem to also be supporting their adult children. I think some people may be knocked now a few notches. 

@RetRN Wow  Woman Indifferent  When people are losing jobs?  Really?