Honored Contributor

Re: @QVC Community Team

[ Edited ]

biancardi wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

biancardi wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

When are the posters here going to stop all the poking and prodding, the innuendos and outright mocking, ridicule, insults, flaming?  Ever?  Never?  I sincerely thought this place was going to get better but it hasn't.  It's useless asking people to be civil to one another, to let go of old grudges, to stop playing games.  I'm sorry, but I'm really sad and angry today and this childish, immature nonsense is something none of us should have time for.

exactly.  Those who come onto threads purposely to derail it shouldn't be protected, but they are

• No Trolling - "Trolling" is a big, messy term, but we know what trolls are and we won't tolerate it. If you're abusing good conversations, we will take your comments and posts down. This includes hijacking or taking a thread off-topic.

No one is completely innocent in all this, in my opinion, though.  And it's a darn shame.

I use the term ONCE and I am painted red.  So sorry.  I guess next time I will call 'em as the Q does.

Many of us have discussed trolls and trolling.  We're all in the same boat, and if we'd all be more self-aware we could make improvements here.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@kittymomNC wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

When are the posters here going to stop all the poking and prodding, the innuendos and outright mocking, ridicule, insults, flaming?  Ever?  Never?  I sincerely thought this place was going to get better but it hasn't.  It's useless asking people to be civil to one another, to let go of old grudges, to stop playing games.  I'm sorry, but I'm really sad and angry today and this childish, immature nonsense is something none of us should have time for.

exactly.  Those who come onto threads purposely to derail it shouldn't be protected, but they are

• No Trolling - "Trolling" is a big, messy term, but we know what trolls are and we won't tolerate it. If you're abusing good conversations, we will take your comments and posts down. This includes hijacking or taking a thread off-topic.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but I don't really believe any more that it's possible for a group of people who have become friendly with each other and enjoy posting together to be able to do that in peace here.  I don't know what the emotional makeup is of people who are just bent on destroying that kind of communication... just a group of posters who want to have innocent fun and not be constantly attacked, although it's an "invisible" type of attack.  

They have the option to start that kind of thread for themselves, if they have different groups of friends... start one up and do the same thing some of us tried to do, just leave others alone.  People were welcome to post on that thread, but not in the way that some of them did... if they had wanted to join in as friends, they would have been welcomed, but that was not the choice they made.  And that's just sad for all of us...

agreed.  They can start their own threads - they have in the past.  I've never posted on their threads and that is okay.

I am not sure why the fascination with trying to pull down a thread that was totally innocent.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

No one is completely innocent in all this, in my opinion, though.  And it's a darn shame.

I use the term ONCE and I am painted red.  So sorry.  I guess next time I will call 'em as the Q does.

Many of us have discussed trolls and trolling.  We're all in the same boat, and if we'd all be more self-aware we could make improvements here.

@dooBdoo wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

yes, I have also discussed it too. People get fed up with trolls. You ignore them and they still hit abuse and take down a thread. I am pretty self aware of my own behavior and the behavior of others here.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, I'm just getting in and our thread is gone?  I'm surprised.  What was the reason?

Well, we'll have to find another thread to talk about pets, recipes, illnesses, medications, etc.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

No we are not all in the same boat.  Evidently you were not watching that board all the time and missed what happened there on a regular basis from people who popped in and out only to stir.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
Some of the posters on this very thread have revealed why it was removed. It is pretty obvious.
Honored Contributor

NoelSeven wrote:

No we are not all in the same boat.  Evidently you were not watching that board all the time and missed what happened there on a regular basis from people who popped in and out only to stir.

No, I don't watch the board all the time.  No one does.  And of course some have more blame than others.  But as long as we continue to feel defensive and keep blaming everyone else, it's never, ever, ever, ever going to change.  That includes me.  I've been at fault, too, and I'm not proud of it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

The rules here are very simple (strict too, but that's another story).  If you see someone attempting to derail the thread, report them.  It's the moderators job to take care of things like that.  If you reply with snarkiness, calling people names, subtle jabs -- then YOU'RE part of the problem too. 

I teach - what's your superpower?
Esteemed Contributor

@puglet1 wrote:

@brownponytail80 wrote:

@brii wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:
No one seems to get it...they don't care what we think...case closed.....

Some don't think the rules apply to them. 

I agree with this.  Some people think this forum was created to get rid of certain people and cater to others.  There was a subtle snakiness going on in that thread by calling people "vistors" as if we aren't really welcome here anymore as members.  I'm going to bet that that's not what QVC or the moderators here had in mind.  It's petty and needs to stop.

ITA.  I once considered participating in the Can We Talk? thread, but then I started to see all the nefarious remarks about "aliens" and "visitors", and references to "the other place" sprinkled throughout.   SMH.  Now I read a remark by a poster saying this forum was created to get rid of certain people and the mods have "let them win."  Are you serious?  What is going on here?  Is it no wonder to any of you why the thread was deleted?  A very unfriendly climate has been created here by these constant and not so subtle references.  If you thought things were bad here before, you have certainly made it a heck of a lot worse.

At the risk of having my head handed to me on a platter, I have to make a couple of comments, and they are not made to be argumentative, but in a way of explanation.  

When there were comments made about "visitors" with funny little emoticons, it was because someone had posted something that most of us didn't see, but the moderators did and they removed it.  It was just a joke about "visitors" and "aliens" because we would see the removed posts, but in most cases had no idea who posted them or what they said.  After a while it got to be somewhat of a pattern, and it seemed to be deliberately done to try and cause problems on that thread.  

We managed to ignore and not comment on most of it, and I could not tell you right now a single poster whose post was removed... I have no idea who they were.  I did see a couple of snarky comments, but I don't remember who made them.  There was nothing "nefarious" about any of it, except for those who chose to inject themselves into it in that way.  If anyone had wanted to come there and post as friends, they would have been welcomed, and some new people were starting to post AND WERE WELCOMED, just before it was removed.  

That's it...  and if anyone wants to make any snarky remarks to me, enjoy yourselves. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the comment could be considered antagonistic