Honored Contributor

Your thoughts on "Proof" -- and the subject?

Here is a quote From TNT explaining the subject matter of this summer show:
"Devastated by her teenage son's death, Dr. Carolyn Tyler embarks on a deeply personal, emotional journey to investigate the afterlife. Despite her skeptical, hard-science outlook, the caustic Tyler is persuaded by billionaire Ivan Turing, a cancer-stricken tech inventor, to study reincarnation,"
Would you care to share your personal thoughts on this subject? (And near death experiences)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your thoughts on "Proof" -- and the subject?

[ Edited ]

My theory is.....I think your dead family members come to get you when you are dying.... My father in law said..."Hey, there's Pete" right before he died. My mother saw she saw her mother calling her name.

My cousin's father saw all his brothers standing by him....

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  I think I might be more convinced if this had happened to me or someone I knew... THAT might kinda creep me out... although "they" say, it is always a peaceful experience to have something like this happen!

Honored Contributor

Being an ICU nurse for over 40 years I have seen many people die. I have never seen anyone who spoke to anyone or reached out etc. in all these hundreds of dying people. I think some people think dying is something very dramatic - it's not. Most people just simply stop breathing, and their heart rate slows and stops.Very little drama. Not everyone is unconscious before they die but the vast majority are. I have often heard people say things like "Mom was holding on to my hand " when what was actually happening was the child was holding on to Mom's hand for dear life. What we percieve at times like this is not always actually reality.

I am a Christian and I do believe in life after death but I don't believe that we will go and see our former loved ones - they have moved on. I believe that, just as we don't recall our life previous to this life, we will not recall this life in the next one. I believe Jesus or maybe an angel will come and lead us to the next life.

Honored Contributor

I love the show Proof. I think it has a strong cast, good writing, and interesting stories. I don't believe in the near death experiences, however. It's common for people who've come close to death in an accident or even near death by association (the loss of a close friend/relative) to feel a need to do something more with his or her life or understand how they survived and others did not and that's without being dead and brought back to life. People feel a need to explain why they've been given a second chance or look for a deeper meaning. People who hear about these experiences want to believe, because how awesome is it to think that you'll be reunited with your loved ones after death? Of course people want to believe that.

Honored Contributor

Have you ever just had a feeling but you couldn't explain it? Maybe some call it intuition or faith? I just do have feeling about some things ... Like that life on earth is not the only life in the universe. Other topics I'll have to get back to you on as soon as I know what I think? LOL
Honored Contributor

I have come to believe that there is something....   and I am more inclined to want scientific proof than not in order to believe something.  But in this, I am positive that there is something.  I've experienced first hand things I can't explain, felt things I shouldn't have, all during the illnesses and passing of my parents.  

One such case... My Dad was extremely ill and in the ICU unconscious.  While he was there, my dear Mother passed away.  The doctor didn't want us telling him that Mama was gone, he asked us to wait a few days, he was so precarious.  When I told him, he said "I know, I saw her".  Well how could this be?  He was in the hospital and my Mom passed away at our home.... unless their planes met on another level as she was leaving and he was still here.  Of course I can't explain it, won't even try.

Another case....  My oldest son (15 at the time) got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and was his habit, he looked in on his Grandmother.  The next day he said that when he looked at her, she had a black cloud around her head and he knew she as going to pass away soon.  I told him that yes, she was very sick but the doctors gave her at least six months....  and he said, "but you don't understand, she's going to pass away very soon!".  Four weeks from diagnosis of Lung Cancer, and two weeks after my son told me this, my Mom passed away...

Yes, I believe there is something....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I tried to watch the show, but lost interest after the first two episodes.