Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@kittymomNC wrote:

@Marp wrote:

The least the mod that deleted the thread could have done was follow the new protocol and issue a statement as to why it was removed. 

Here it is, Marp... see Paging Noel7 for more...

There are no new messages in this topic

Thanks Kittymom, it certainly took long enough.  I can't disagree  that some of the posts were unkind and those are just the obvious ones.  The more subtle, veiled ones ...

Actually, it's been there all along... I found it once earlier by going back through the pages of Comm Chat, then I couldn't find it again, so I searched for it on the search bar and it came up.  

Honored Contributor

@brownponytail80 wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Bette, it needs to go higher, to those at the supervisorial level or above.

But we can still start over if need be, let's give that honor to MGM Smiley Happy

Time to warm up those fax machines!

I just spit my water everywhere. 

Honored Contributor

Do people still use fax machines? 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be perceived as accusatory

Super Contributor

Re: @QVC Community Team

[ Edited ]

@brownponytail80 wrote:

@brii wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:
No one seems to get it...they don't care what we think...case closed.....

Some don't think the rules apply to them. 

I agree with this.  Some people think this forum was created to get rid of certain people and cater to others.  There was a subtle snakiness going on in that thread by calling people "vistors" as if we aren't really welcome here anymore as members.  I'm going to bet that that's not what QVC or the moderators here had in mind.  It's petty and needs to stop.

ITA.  I once considered participating in the Can We Talk? thread, but then I started to see all the nefarious remarks about "aliens" and "visitors", and references to "the other place" sprinkled throughout.   SMH.  Now I read a remark by a poster saying this forum was created to get rid of certain people and the mods have "let them win."  Are you serious?  What is going on here?  Is it no wonder to any of you why the thread was deleted?  A very unfriendly climate has been created here by these constant and not so subtle references.  If you thought things were bad here before, you have certainly made it a heck of a lot worse.

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

Do people still use fax machines? 

We do at work but not very often. 

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

When are the posters here going to stop all the poking and prodding, the innuendos and outright mocking, ridicule, insults, flaming?  Ever?  Never?  I sincerely thought this place was going to get better but it hasn't.  It's useless asking people to be civil to one another, to let go of old grudges, to stop playing games.  I'm sorry, but I'm really sad and angry today and this childish, immature nonsense is something none of us should have time for.

exactly.  Those who come onto threads purposely to derail it shouldn't be protected, but they are

• No Trolling - "Trolling" is a big, messy term, but we know what trolls are and we won't tolerate it. If you're abusing good conversations, we will take your comments and posts down. This includes hijacking or taking a thread off-topic.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

biancardi wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

When are the posters here going to stop all the poking and prodding, the innuendos and outright mocking, ridicule, insults, flaming?  Ever?  Never?  I sincerely thought this place was going to get better but it hasn't.  It's useless asking people to be civil to one another, to let go of old grudges, to stop playing games.  I'm sorry, but I'm really sad and angry today and this childish, immature nonsense is something none of us should have time for.

exactly.  Those who come onto threads purposely to derail it shouldn't be protected, but they are

• No Trolling - "Trolling" is a big, messy term, but we know what trolls are and we won't tolerate it. If you're abusing good conversations, we will take your comments and posts down. This includes hijacking or taking a thread off-topic.

No one is completely innocent in all this, in my opinion, though.  And it's a darn shame.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

I'm sorry to have to say this, but I don't really believe any more that it's possible for a group of people who have become friendly with each other and enjoy posting together to be able to do that in peace here.  I don't know what the emotional makeup is of people who are just bent on destroying that kind of communication... just a group of posters who want to have innocent fun and not be constantly attacked, although it's an "invisible" type of attack.  

They have the option to start that kind of thread for themselves, if they have different groups of friends... start one up and do the same thing some of us tried to do, just leave others alone.  People were welcome to post on that thread, but not in the way that some of them did... if they had wanted to join in as friends, they would have been welcomed, but that was not the choice they made.  And that's just sad for all of us...

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

No one is completely innocent in all this, in my opinion, though.  And it's a darn shame.

I use the term ONCE and I am painted red.  So sorry.  I guess next time I will call 'em as the Q does.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames