Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - Calif Fire - No Aid Banner?

It's great to see concern from all comers.  Thanks to @AnjalenaQVC for courteous response to request.  As was mentioned in another thread, some like James Woods have really stepped up, for days virtually turning over his Twitter account to people suffering from dislocation, trying to find loved ones and pets, and all manner of aid and comfort.  Ongoing prayers for all affected.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  i noticed what James W did and found it quite admirable - and helpful.

sadly i see we now have new fires - the Sierra fire, burning out in the Inland Empire near San Bernadino. and, yesterday, Magalia, up north next to Paradise, was overtaken by fire.

tough times.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

not QVC's responsibility to tell viewers where to direct their charity

............and I don't want them to

Nor do I. I'm perfectly capable of making those decisions without a third party middle man. Yes, I know they've done it in the past, but I don't think they should do it at all. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

So, between the pet stores having the clerks beg for donations, to the supermarkets every time visited begging for another cause, and the fashion companies like E Fisher "donating and please purchase my clothing I give % to ....." and the companies having the groups outside their facilities requesting money as you walk in, and the various and sundry calls daily from charities that seek money. Whew. Now, there are advocates for more on a blog website. Whew. 'Tis the season to be jolly. Or broke. I have empathy fatigue.

Honored Contributor

So many needing help in this country.It just doesn’t seem to slow down.I don’t know where all of the money is going to come from..We get calls for donations all of the time.There are always people in front of stores collecting regularly.It is really scary to think about it all.I wonder what will happen to all of the charities who need donations for cancer patients,research,abused women and many more....

I pray qvc will run a banner asking for help in California and that the fires will end before there are more deaths and people without homes.I wish that money was the answer but there is more tragic loss than money can make up for.So sad for the beautiful state of California and for all of the losses.

Respected Contributor

@dex   good to read your concern.

organizations need more than $ -  Red Cross put out a call for volunteers to help at  the many evacuation shelters in my area; our local state assembly person put out a call for phone chargers/diapers/toiletries to go to people temporarily evacuated.  they had to leave quickly.  little things mean a lot when you are out of your home longer than you think.

it's not all about $ for this disaster or any other. people find different ways to help as they can. otherwise these things are just headlines, not opportunities to be human,  to reach out and help.

Esteemed Contributor

Like most of us here, as I imagine, I am not a person of great wealth.  I do pick and chose which charities to give to.  However, I am not upset when a clerk in a store asks if I want to make a small donation to a charity.  I am happy to give a donation to the Salvation Army standing outside stores.  They do amazing work.  Yes, there is great need everywhere, and a few dollars from many people add up.  

Our fellow Americans in California are enduring great suffering and an uncertain future.  Yes, we have donated to hurricane victims.  Yes, we have donated to fire victims.  People have busy lives and sometimes need a reminder.  What is wrong with that?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

this note was posted on an evacuated house.

kids know what is going on - and are afraid.

image.png

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional

There are children everywhere with no water, starving with catastrophic illnesses everyday.  This is a shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

Sandra Bullock has donated a hundred thousand towards help for all the animals.