Honored Contributor

Bad news for delivery. I get stuff fast from HSN guess that's over now.

Course, they're based in Florida not PA. All your bad weather is in N.E.

Lot less problems in Florida to Tx.

doesn't sound to hot. Some heads will be gone and new ones hired and some retired.

Have to see how it plays out.

alpha5.gif

Respected Contributor

I just saw this.  Can't say I'm happy about it.  I'm not a big shopper, but I do purchase from HSN, and have gotten some good deals. I hope they don't change HSN for the worse, but I don't have high hopes.  

Honored Contributor

I always liked HSN hosts better no silly antics, talking over each other, shaving under arm pits, etc.  That stuff wouldn't be tolerated over there.

Wonder if David Venable will be kept ? He's on vacation, now, you know.

Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I am afraid this will put an end to the great prices, free shipping, and discount codes, which I greatly appreciate. 

All I know is that when Jet, which had and has a $35 minimum for free shipping, was bought by Walmart, Walmart lowered its floor for free shipping from $50 to $35. Jet did discontinue its JetCash program, which offered a 20% rebate on QVC purchases through the end of 2016, but it had served its purpose and ending it made sense. Same for all of the cashback programs.

I see this more as energizing QVC than destroying HSN. If they're smart, they won't mess with HSN's winning formula. It's been a while since HSN was comparable to ShopNBC and other embarrassments (at least a decade ago), and it would be a shame to see them degraded.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

Dear QVC, 

Great move buying HSN.  Now your next great move should be OFFERING FREE SHIPPING LIKE EVERY OTHER COMPANY ON THE PLANET.  And maybe --- just maybe -- not taking 8,000 days to process an order.  Mmmmk?  Thanks.

Sincerely, 

A frustrated consumer who loves buying beauty products at QVC, but doesn't any longer because of your shipping prices and problems.

No doubt!!

Honored Contributor

HSN is so much more customer friendly and not greedy like the Q!!

Honored Contributor

I hope not a lot will be changed, Craft shows pops in my mind.  

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Buys HSN

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

The parent company of QVC has agreed to buy rival Home Shopping Network for $2.1 billion in stock. Liberty Interactive Corp. already owns 38 percent of HSNi and the deal announced Thursday includes the remaining 62 percent.

HSN shareholders will receive 1.65 shares of QVC’s stock for each share of HSN. Being that HSN’s stock closed Wednesday at $40.36, the deal price is equivalent to a 29 percent premium.

Liberty said the acquisition would have various benefits, including increased scale and competitive position for QVC, “meaningful synergies through cost reduction and revenue growth opportunities,” optimized programming across five U.S. networks and “cross marketing to better engage existing and potential customers.”

Liberty Interactive President and CEO Greg Maffei said in a statement that the two home shopping networks combined each year to produce over 55,000 hours of shoppable video content. He said the value of QVC, HSNi and zulily, the Seattle-based e-commerce company Liberty bought in August 2015 for $2.6 billion, will be enhanced further later this year when QVC Group becomes an asset-backed stock as part of the previously announced split-off of Liberty Ventures.

More at bizjournals.com

I'm not happy about this, I love HSN and hope that it's not ruined by this merger! Woman Mad Woman Sad Woman Surprised 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Bad news for delivery. I get stuff fast from HSN guess that's over now.

Course, they're based in Florida not PA. All your bad weather is in N.E.

Lot less problems in Florida to Tx.

I live IN Pa and HSN is still faster!!