Contributor

I recently joined 3 QVC addicts facebook groups and was enjoying the posts (especially of people posting pictures of clothing and shoes they had bought).

I entered 2 contests, one for shoes and the other for some Life Therapy products. 

After the closing date of the one contest I couldn't see where winner's name was so I posted the question.  No one could answer me. 

A day or so later I posed the question again, explaining I was new to the group and was wondering who won.  Next thing I know I was removed from that group.

So, I posed the question on the other QVC Addicts page (the beauty one) and someone there told me I must have broken a rule and had been kicked out.  I explained all I did was ask who won a contest.  Next thing you know I was removed from that group and the other QVC Addicts page too.

I wonder if the vendors like Nick Chavez, and all the others know about what goes on.

I actually reached out to the one vendor and she was "sorry to hear" that I had been removed from the group and was very sweet.

I believe they might be violating some Facebook rules regarding their contests. But haven't finished researching that.

Also, after talking to some people I am getting the impression that these FB page groups are people on a payroll of some kind. 

Anyone else run into this?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?

I take any FB page with a grain of salt. Anyone can start one. There are some with the only goal of this where we can bash the host. That is the reason it was made. Anyone can remove anyone at anytime for any reason. Just know that going in. They are really no rules per say. Under no obligation to give a contest prize. I could be wrong and if I am others can clear it up.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I take any FB page with a grain of salt. Anyone can start one. There are some with the only goal of this where we can bash the host. That is the reason it was made. Anyone can remove anyone at anytime for any reason. Just know that going in. They are really no rules per say. Under no obligation to give a contest prize. I could be wrong and if I am others can clear it up.

Oh I totally get it. What surprises me about these pages are the Q "vendors" who participate. It could have a negative impact by participating in these groups.

Esteemed Contributor

If I'm not mistaken, QVC doesn't own or run those pages.

For example, I could create a QVC Addicts page, and I am nothing more than just a simple viewer.

I then could remove people for whatever reason.

There would be nothing QVC could do for those who were removed, because they didn't run the page, I did.

Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, QVC doesn't own or run those pages.

For example, I could create a QVC Addicts page, and I am nothing more than just a simple viewer.

I then could remove people for whatever reason.

There would be nothing QVC could do for those who were removed, because they didn't run the page, I did.

Oh I understand that as well.  Like I said, I'm surprised Q vendors would associate with these kinds of pages.  :-) 

Honored Contributor

@Pekoecat

I am not sure that I fully understand their purpose or value either.

Sometimes I only join and peek in every now and then.

Wondered about the contests, too.

Also wondered about what a hassle it would be to have to "monitor" groups like this?

If I were a company, I would not want someone representing my business that I had no control over?

Guess there is no way of stopping it though.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Pekoecat

I am not sure that I fully understand their purpose or value either.

Sometimes I only join and peek in every now and then.

Wondered about the contests, too.

Also wondered about what a hassle it would be to have to "monitor" groups like this?

If I were a company, I would not want someone representing my business that I had no control over?

Guess there is no way of stopping it though.

Funny thing is I was really enjoying some of it.  There was one woman who posted pictures of outfits she'd put together (not always with Q clothing) and I found her to be very inspirational.  :-)      From what I've read, facebook have some pretty strict rules about contests.  But my biggest disappointment has to do with vendors like Nick Chavez who posted and commented regularily.  Oh well.  Life is good. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it's a privacy thing and they can't give out names.

Every group on Facebook has it's own set of rules too...

Contributor

No the one vendor told me they'd be "posted" .

Respected Contributor

You probably made them nervous asking too many questions.