Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-19-2010

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?


@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Pekoecat the last part of your post was interesting.  Did you accuse someone or the group of being on a vendor's payroll?  I can see that being a problem or unpleasant inference, if they thought that was your meaning. I don't know.


No I was thinking that some of the "posters" not the vendors, were being paid to post there.  I never accused anyone on the page.  The only thing I did on was ask who won a contest. 

 

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-19-2010

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?


@Catlady Nicole wrote:

I was a member of a couple of those pages.  I voluntarily left them a couple months ago.  For every nice, earnest post, there were 10 posts bashing vendors, hosts or other posters.  There were a couple of clear instigators, and it seemed to me they were tolerated to keep the page active.  They were very juvenile and mean spirited.  I realized that it was more drama than I cared to see in a day and contributed little value to my interests.  

 

Most of the vendors know about the groups and are members themselves.  They give "shout outs" on air to the "Addicts".  The group members are, well, groupies! 

 

I find much more value and camaraderie here Woman Happy


Yes, I agree.  Thanks Catlady. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-19-2010

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?


@Catlady Nicole wrote:

@Pekoecat, are you on Instagram?  One lady from the groups, who has great fashion sense, posts her OOTD there.  ReeGeeWeestyles is her "handle".


No I'm not on Instagram - yet.  Thanks for the good idea.

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-19-2010

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?


@dooBdoo wrote:

@Pekoecat wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Pekoecat

 

I am not sure that I fully understand their purpose or value either.

Sometimes I only join and peek in every now and then.

 

Wondered about the contests, too.

Also wondered about what a hassle it would be to have to "monitor" groups like this?

 

If I were a company, I would not want someone representing my business that I had no control over?

 

Guess there is no way of stopping it though.


Funny thing is I was really enjoying some of it.  There was one woman who posted pictures of outfits she'd put together (not always with Q clothing) and I found her to be very inspirational.  :-)      From what I've read, facebook have some pretty strict rules about contests.  But my biggest disappointment has to do with vendors like Nick Chavez who posted and commented regularily.  Oh well.  Life is good. 


 

            You said, in the original post, "I wonder if the vendors like Nick Chavez, and all the others know about what goes on."   Now you mention disappointment with Nick Chavez because he posts and comments regularly.    This is a wee bit confusing.

 


Sorry I didn't express myself very well.  What I find odd is vendors like Nick and others participate on pages such as these that don't seem very friendly or cause people to question their page policies.  Take me for instance. I only posted a few times, mostly complimenting this one person for all the cool outfits she would put together, or a pair of shoes that someone had bought. Then I made the mistake of simply asking who won a contest.  Didn't get a response so I asked again (all in a nice way, didn't accuse anyone of any thing) explaining I was new and wasn't sure how things were done.  So I get kicked out of the group -  and the other 2 Addict groups I joined.  I just wonder if the vendors know what's going on with these groups.  And if so, that's disappointing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,213
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?


@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Pekoecat the last part of your post was interesting.  Did you accuse someone or the group of being on a vendor's payroll?  I can see that being a problem or unpleasant inference, if they thought that was your meaning. I don't know.


 

 

 

someone did......because the admin posted a long post regarding what she receives as the admin of the group......which she says is nothing. she also pointed out that she receives no money for links posted (in other words, she never posts affiliate links.)

**************************************************
"If everything around you seems dark, look again. You may be the light." - Rumi
Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-19-2010

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?


@OceanDreamer wrote:

"Pekoecat's" story is inconsistent.

 

I smell a not so hidden passive aggressive agenda.

 

 


Oh that's funny.

 

All I did was ask a question..... "who won the contest".

Thanks though, you made me chuckle.

 

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-19-2010

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?


@Sunshine45 wrote:

i am on several of the "addicts pages," (beauty, recipes/cooking, general) including the main one which has 28000+ members. yes, they run giveaways often. some of the vendors kindly give items to her to run a contest (some of them the upcoming TSVs). some of the vendors ARE very chatty there.

 

which contest were you looking for @Pekoecat?  i have never found the group to be a problem and she does run a pretty tight ship......no bashing allowed.


It was the Life Therapy give away. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?

[ Edited ]

Many of the 'contests' out there are just mining personal data.

No, thank you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,789
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?

[ Edited ]

@Pekoecat wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Pekoecat wrote:


Funny thing is I was really enjoying some of it.  There was one woman who posted pictures of outfits she'd put together (not always with Q clothing) and I found her to be very inspirational.  :-)      From what I've read, facebook have some pretty strict rules about contests.  But my biggest disappointment has to do with vendors like Nick Chavez who posted and commented regularily.  Oh well.  Life is good. 


 

            You said, in the original post, "I wonder if the vendors like Nick Chavez, and all the others know about what goes on."   Now you mention disappointment with Nick Chavez because he posts and comments regularly.    This is a wee bit confusing.

 


Sorry I didn't express myself very well.  What I find odd is vendors like Nick and others participate on pages such as these that don't seem very friendly or cause people to question their page policies.  Take me for instance. I only posted a few times, mostly complimenting this one person for all the cool outfits she would put together, or a pair of shoes that someone had bought. Then I made the mistake of simply asking who won a contest.  Didn't get a response so I asked again (all in a nice way, didn't accuse anyone of any thing) explaining I was new and wasn't sure how things were done.  So I get kicked out of the group -  and the other 2 Addict groups I joined.  I just wonder if the vendors know what's going on with these groups.  And if so, that's disappointing.


 

            Okay, thanks.  I was just confused (not always an unfamiliar state of being for me!🙃).  If vendors post (or someone on their staff posting for them), even rarely, that likely means they have in place a system to monitor various groups, particularly the large, active ones.   They might even join closed groups for the specific purpose of being able to see what's being discussed.    I can tell just from reading this thread that the perceptions vary about the climate and tone of the groups.    It's subjective, obviously, and a good fit for some but not for others.   I hope you find others you enjoy, or even start one of your own -- Instagram was a good suggestion, too.   

 

 

~“Your story is important, you're part of a bigger story; your life matters; you're not alone in the places you feel stuck.” TWLOHA
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 191
Registered: ‎07-16-2013

Re: QVC Addicts facebook pages?


@Pekoecat wrote:

@OceanDreamer wrote:

"Pekoecat's" story is inconsistent.

 

I smell a not so hidden passive aggressive agenda.

 

 


Oh that's funny.

 

All I did was ask a question..... "who won the contest".

Thanks though, you made me chuckle.

 


Your story on this thread is inconsistent.

 

I think there's more to the story, your nose is outta joint, and you're using this thread to attack the FB groups, their admins and the vendors.  Would be very interesting to hear the other side of the story imo.