Honored Contributor

Re: QVC ACCOUNT ALERT-UNABLE TO SIGN OUT!

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie wrote:

OP is correct.  I am on an IPAd Air using Safari.  Signed out of forum.  Shut down Safari.  Opened Safari.  My account info is open.  There is no Signout of Account Button.   I can make a purchase without entering my id and password.  What is going on??

@Shawnie 

Hmm.  I'm on an iPad using Safari and the latest version of IOS.  I just signed out of the forums and tried to get into my Q account without closing Safari.  I had to sign back in using both email address and password.  

Then when I tried to come back into the forums I had to sign in with my password.  

It does give me access to my Q account now when I'm signed into the forums, which it never used to.  I don't like that.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

OP is correct.  I am on an IPAd Air using Safari.  Signed out of forum.  Shut down Safari.  Opened Safari.  My account info is open.  There is no Signout of Account Button.   I can make a purchase without entering my id and password.  What is going on??

@Shawnie 

Hmm.  I'm on an iPad using Safari and the latest version of IOS.  I just signed out of the forums and tried to get into my Q account without closing Safari.  I had to sign back in using both email address and password.  

Then when I tried to come back into the forums I had to sign in with my password.  

It does give me access to my Q account now when I'm signed into the forums, which it never used to.  I don't like that.

Thanks @geezerettejust signed out of the forum using the left hand lower button and that shows you are signing out of My Account.  That is a good thing.  I never have done that.  I just swipe Safari up to close the browser.  When i come back in to the forum i sign in when i reply.  But i know now that that leaves your account info open.  So each time you leave the forum you need to sign out, otherwise your account info remains open.  What a nuisance.

Honored Contributor

I had logged in to delete my credit card from my account after reading the other thread.  I just tried to log out, and I was able to do so.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

@Shawnie 

Thanks @geezerettejust signed out of the forum using the left hand lower button and that shows you are signing out of My Account.  That is a good thing.  I never have done that.  I just swipe Safari up to close the browser.  When i come back in to the forum i sign in when i reply.  But i know now that that leaves your account info open.  So each time you leave the forum you need to sign out, otherwise your account info remains open.  What a nuisance.

@Shawnie 

Yes, it's odd and disconcerting.  If you just close Safari from the forums without logging out, you can get right back in to your Q account without having to sign in again--but you have to sign in to the forums! 

Trusted Contributor

To sign out from my iPad, I now need to go into My Account. At the top left, there are 3 little menu bars. Click on those. That's where the sign out is now. 

I spent quite some time last week trying to find it. Ridiculous!  This site has gone wonky every couple of months, as long as I've been here.  Wish they would hire a competent company. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

To sign out from my iPad, I now need to go into My Account. At the top left, there are 3 little menu bars. Click on those. That's where the sign out is now. 

I spent quite some time last week trying to find it. Ridiculous!  This site has gone wonky every couple of months, as long as I've been here.  Wish they would hire a competent company. 

OMG i found it!  Thank you @onlyshopsonline .  What a pain in the ...When you click on the menu bar the top is covered with a banner!  X out of it and you see the Welcome Guest or your name if your account is open.  A silly treasure hunt.  Put the Sign out button at the top right hand corner QVC tech!

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

OMG i found it!  Thank you @onlyshopsonline .  What a pain in the ...When you click on the menu bar the top is covered with a banner!  X out of it and you see the Welcome Guest or your name if your account is open.  A silly treasure hunt.  Put the Sign out button at the top right hand corner QVC tech!

@onlyshopsonline 

@Shawnie 

So, does this mean every time I sign in to the forums I have to sign out of My Account this way, and then come back to the forums so that My Account is not open at the same time?🧐

I hope there's a shorter work around than that!😠

Respected Contributor

@geezeretteYes and No, I think.  🤯 When you leave the forum everything stays open, My Account etc.  The only way to sign out of the forum is to sign out of My Accounts which also closes your account info.  You can do this by either using the lefthand lower Sign out button in the forums or go to My Account from the top of the forum page and then use the Menu button to find the sign out button.  

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@geezeretteYes and No, I think.  🤯 When you leave the forum everything stays open, My Account etc.  The only way to sign out of the forum is to sign out of My Accounts which also closes your account info.  You can do this by either using the lefthand lower Sign out button in the forums or go to My Account from the top of the forum page and then use the Menu button to find the sign out button.  

@Shawnie 

The problem with signing out of the forums is that whenever you sign back in to the forums, you're also automatically signed in to My Account again!

The only way I've found to be able to stay signed into the forums without also being signed in to My Q Account is what I referred to in my previous post.

If anyone has found a better, ie. easier and shorter, way to do that, I'd like to know about it.

Respected Contributor

I may be lost!  But if you sign into the forum, aka you can post,  then you are by default signed into your My Account.