Contributor

I am very upset about my Q card...Initailly my minimum payment due was $25 on the three or four items i purchased with it.  NO problem!   I accidently paid it a couple of days late.  There is usually some kind of grace period.   It was an ACCIDENT.   I signed up for email statements only.   I was not receiving them, (maybe in my email trash) but continued to pay the $25 month as i thought i should automatically through my bank.     Due to the late fee being charged...the minimum went up.  Then, becuase of that, I ended up with another late fee.........since i was sending in what I thought was my minimum.  AAAARRRGH! yes, I am responsible......i get that.   Just know that this card is not user friendly , in my experience.   I hope others of you have had a more postive experience, but I am providing you with a cautionary note...do not pay this bill one second late...ever.    Late  fee is $37 x 5 for me.     I am now paying more in late fees than i did for my products.   Account is now closed.

Honored Contributor

It really is up to the consumer to understand the due dates, grace periods (if any) and be able to get their bill paid by the agreed upon methods and times. 

This just sounds like a bunch of whining from someone who didn't follow through on their end of the agreement in a credit card transaction. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sweetkelly.   I refuse to do business with that Synchrony Bank.  I think most of the US retailers have credit cards handled by them.  Their policies border on the unethical.  They surely caught you in their trap

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC argumentative

Contributor

Thanks for understanding. Lesson learned for sure.   It is my fault and I am responsible...I just wanted to be sure to WARN others with my post.   Ill be sticking iwth  ez pay from now on....   I urge everyone to do the same.

Honored Contributor

If you are in good standing with them call & ask for a one time exempt for the late fee. 

I had that happen to me once in my life. I don't remember the circumstances but I called & they deducted it from our account since it had never happened before & we have excellent credit. Never paid anything late. We have never paid a late fee. We pay ours in full each month. Not paying that outrageous ridiculous interest they charge which should be against the law IMO.

I have to keep on top of our bills because we are also on paperless statements. You are right they don't always send you an email when your statment is ready.

I don't understand why so many have problems with Synchrony Bank. I have several accounts that are with them. Never had any problems.

Honored Contributor

All this stuff is computerized these days.  I pay some of my bills on line.  On one occasion, I typed in the incorrect payment amount.  My recollection is that I was short by 5 cents.  When my next bill came, there was a late fee.  I immediately called the credit card company and they, of course, waived the fee.  All the computer knew was that I didn't pay my bill in full on time.  I am very diligent about watching my credit card bills to be sure I don't do something like that again.

Contributor

i dont think it has been argumentative. i think you don't want people toknow about the bank.  

Honored Contributor

@sweetkelly-

I have read many awful experiences with synchrony bank that a lot of large retailers use.

Still, I would call and ask for it to be taken off as it was your fist time.

I have never had a bank or credit card refuse this as a first time mistake.

It wouldn't hurt to try.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

All this stuff is computerized these days.  I pay some of my bills on line.  On one occasion, I typed in the incorrect payment amount.  My recollection is that I was short by 5 cents.  When my next bill came, there was a late fee.  I immediately called the credit card company and they, of course, waived the fee.  All the computer knew was that I didn't pay my bill in full on time.  I am very diligent about watching my credit card bills to be sure I don't do something like that again.

@Krimpette

Yes that's why I say she should at least call & ask to have it waived.

Last year when my dad passed away I had to pay things before we left. 1 more charge came through on our Visa which did not get paid. The did not charge us any interest on the amount left unpaid.

I also paid my gas bill to the electric company once. LOL!!! Had my head up my rear I guess. They did not charge me a late fee either.