Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

This is the northeast,and alot of people think differently ,than some southern people do on this subject on civil war monuments.

@goldensrbest, there is definitely an interesting and legitimate question about that issue, although I was surprised that so many were erected much later, during the 1930s, in order to reignite the race issue.

Regardless, I firmly believe that the monuments are really not the target of those people I saw with the swords and all the other hideous regalia. The stonework just happens to be useful to these "people" right now in their quest to rilel up people to their side.

That may be true, they got the green light several months ago. I really dis like seeing all of this going on,very sad i think.

@goldensrbest, yes, they did. But I hope to heck that they're getting a red light from the rest of us, or at least from enough of us.

I grew up in the shadow of the Holocaust,. Seeing what I saw on those streets chilled me to the bone, as it should any human being.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

This is the northeast,and alot of people think differently ,than some southern people do on this subject on civil war monuments.

@goldensrbest, there is definitely an interesting and legitimate question about that issue, although I was surprised that so many were erected much later, during the 1930s, in order to reignite the race issue.

Regardless, I firmly believe that the monuments are really not the target of those people I saw with the swords and all the other hideous regalia. The stonework just happens to be useful to these "people" right now in their quest to rilel up people to their side.

That may be true, they got the green light several months ago. I really dis like seeing all of this going on,very sad i think.

@goldensrbest, yes, they did. But I hope to heck that they're getting a red light from the rest of us, or at least from enough of us.

I grew up in the shadow of the Holocaust,. Seeing what I saw on those streets chilled me to the bone, as it should any human being.

@suzyQ3

See the "quiet" demonstrators with torch carriers in Charlottesville was chilling beyond chilling.

And I guess I'd better not say anymore about that.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political.

Respected Contributor

After the tragedy in Charlottesville, I'm sure a lot of people re-visited how to keep safe.

The SPLC puts out great information on this.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I've been to a lot of protest marches in my life.  In recent years, anarchists ALWAYS show up to make trouble.

Sometimes they wear all black, sometimes they don't.  I know for a fact they were acting out at the Berkeley protest.

When you see trouble at a march, it's quite often an anarchist who doesn't care who is who.  You cannot always tell unless you have additional cues.

@Noel7

Seems like most of the big problems at peaceful protests are planned ahead of time. A big percentage of the trouble makers always seem to be from other cities, even other states. 

To me this is a non-partisan thing at the events that get out of control, and downright dangerous for those peacefully protesting. It's really a shame and I hope somehow those that be can get things under control. It's not good for anyone/any group, or for our country.

Just some of my thoughts,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Spurt

There are videos of the prayer group in the park dome, peacefully meeting, about two dozen as reported.

The path around it is lined with thousands and thousands of counter protesters.

There was no trouble, no fighting by either group. 

I wouldn't doubt for one minute @Noel7 if her news showed old footage from someplace else, it's happened before.

@JaneMarple

I can't show the link because of ads, but this is from our local media--...

A self-described "Boston Free Speech Coalition Rally" on Saturday in downtown Boston was dwarfed by thousands of counterprotesters.  Organizers of Saturday's counterprotest rally described themselves as anyone who enjoys their right to free speech. Counterprotesters on Saturday made clear to the organizers views of supremacy and violence were not welcome in Boston. They also sought to distance themselves from the violence in Charlottesville. 

Rally organizers shared a photo showing the "people who made it through security" assembled in the park gazebo flanked by counter prostesters on all sides. Videos shared earlier in the day on social media showed counter demonstrators jeering at rally goers as they made their way to the event. There were no major incidents reported Saturday in Boston, but police said 33 were arrested -- mostly for disorderly conduct and assaults on police officers.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I was very touched by the show of solidarity and the behavior of the residents of Boston.  Well done! 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Spurt

There are videos of the prayer group in the park dome, peacefully meeting, about two dozen as reported.

I wouldn't doubt for one minute @Noel7 if her news showed old footage from someplace else, it's happened before.

@JaneMarple

A self-described "Boston Free Speech Coalition Rally" on Saturday in downtown Boston was dwarfed by thousands of counterprotesters.  Organizers of Saturday's counterprotest rally described themselves as anyone who enjoys their right to free speech. Counterprotesters on Saturday made clear to the organizers views of supremacy and violence were not welcome in Boston. They also sought to distance themselves from the violence in Charlottesville. 

Rally organizers shared a photo showing the "people who made it through security" assembled in the park gazebo flanked by counter prostesters on all sides. Videos shared earlier in the day on social media showed counter demonstrators jeering at rally goers as they made their way to the event. There were no major incidents reported Saturday in Boston, but police said 33 were arrested -- mostly for disorderly conduct and assaults on police officers.

I am guessing that's an Opinion Piece, not a newspaper article. @Spurt

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Spurt

@JaneMarple

I am guessing that's an Opinion Piece, not a newspaper article. @Spurt

@Noel7

It was a news description of the event! -----although I agree most news pieces these days are just opinion pieces on all issues---very little real journalism anymore! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

There is a really well done video interview of Charlottesville ptotedt leaders on vice dot com.