Esteemed Contributor

Progressive glasses from Zenni

Anyone ordered progressive lenses from Zenni. Did you have any issues with prescription. I am going to go get my eyes checked soon for new glasses. Was thinking about ordering from them but I am concerned with progressives. If I got single vision I wouldn’t have a issue but I like the progressives so I don’t have to keep taking them on and off if I look down to my phone or a book.

Anything special I need to know besides getting my PD.
Respected Contributor

Re: Progressive glasses from Zenni

I got progressive sunglasses from Zenni

Just be very careful when you put your PX in. I did a + number instead of - number in one spot & had to return.

They were very nice about it even though it was my fault.

The prescription is great. As good as my regular glasses that I got from my optometrist.

The frame that I got is pretty, but not very sturdy, which is fine for sunglasses.

Respected Contributor

I have many progressive glasses from Zenni and love them all.  I will never use my eye dr to get glasses again.  $900/pair vs. $90/pair. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have ordered many pairs of progressives from Zenni over last 16 years with absolutely no problems.  Imagine how many thousands of dollars I've saved?

Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking of just getting my regular ones at America’s best when I get my exam and just ordering prescription single vision sunglasses from Zenni. Good to know you have had good luck with the Zenni glaasss. They have a lot of cute frames. I usually only where my glasses if I am watching tv.

Did you need anything extra from the eye doctor besides your PD?
Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday :  Your PD is the only thing you need.

Esteemed Contributor

You guys are kind of talking me in to getting them through them. I mean I can get two pair of progressives and a pair of prescription single vision for probably half the price of one pair at America's best.  I will use the try on tool later. They have almost the exact same pair as the ones I liked on America's best website.

Super Contributor

I have also ordered multiple pairs of glasses from Zenni over the last 10 or so years with progressives, transitions and different coatings. They have all been spot on perfect. The quality and delivery time has gotten better over the years as well.

Who can afford over $500 for a pair of everyday glasses? My last pair of progressive, transitions with blue blox just arrived for $112!

I'm beyond happy with Zenni...

Esteemed Contributor

@SchippyLuv wrote:

I have also ordered multiple pairs of glasses from Zenni over the last 10 or so years with progressives, transitions and different coatings. They have all been spot on perfect. The quality and delivery time has gotten better over the years as well.

Who can afford over $500 for a pair of everyday glasses? My last pair of progressive, transitions with blue blox just arrived for $112!

I'm beyond happy with Zenni...

What would you say delivery time is from the time you order. Reading up it looks like a couple weeks maybe. As cheap as the glasses are I would probably pay the extra for faster shipping.

Super Contributor

Hi @ccassaday 

Since most of their glasses come from China, it takes 2 - 4 weeks for delivery. Zenni owns a factory in China. I don't think they have a rush option - and I wouldn't want them to rush my glasses anyway.

I've also learned the hard way not to order my glasses during Chinese New Year - LOL - that took for-ev-er... Smiley Wink