Esteemed Contributor

Re: Progressive glasses from Zenni

@ccassaday :  Its always between 7 and 12 days; same as at Optometrist my DH got his last pair ( first pair free with cataract surgery).

Super Contributor

@patbz 

I think Zenni keeps some more common prescriptions in house in San Rafael - but those of us with astigmatisms and complex progressive prescriptions have to wait longer. I was shocked to get these latest glasses in two weeks. It always takes at least three weeks for me... sometimes six if I make the mistake of ordering in February - during Chinese New Year...

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@ccassaday :  Its always between 7 and 12 days; same as at Optometrist my DH got his last pair ( first pair free with cataract surgery).

Wow that's really fast. I just hope they don't give me ****** about wanting my PD. They know what your going to do. I will just flat out tell them I am on disability and don't have a lot of money so I need to shop around. Lol. 

You guys convinced me. The fact I can get 2 pairs of progressives and single vision sunglasses for less then one pair of them at the eyeglass place is worth it. I like having the extra pair in case something happens to a pair 

Respected Contributor

If your Zenni glasses need adjustment, where do you go?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday :  If it makes you feel any better, when I ask for my PD and say its for Zenni,  more than one gal working at my doctor said she wore Zennis until she got her job at office ( company won't allow her to wear a competitor.  I've never had an issue for asking for PD (I paid for exam so that info belongs to me).

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@ccassaday :  If it makes you feel any better, when I ask for my PD and say its for Dennis, more than one gal working at my doctor said she wore Zennis until she got her job at office ( company won't allow her to wear a competitor.  I've never had an issue for asking for PD (I paid for exam so that info belongs to me).

Being disabled I would rather look at selections online. It's easier then trying to do it in the office.  I will just mention that and I need to shop for the best price.

Esteemed Contributor

What?? $900 for a pair of glasses? Was this with some type of designer frame and expensive lenses? Honestly, even before social security, I've never come close to paying that much from my vision center for a pair of glasses. I'll probably get hateful responses here, but I will never order prescription glasses from China instead of using my local eye doctor and his local source for prescription lenses. I don't buy the most expensive celebrity frames, and if I have a problem with my new prescription, I want to be able to go back to where I got them, and that would not be China.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday : So glad you started this topic . Hope you find the help you need. We have vision insurance but our cost can still be expensive. The last glasses for DH was purchased from Hour glass world and after insurance still $300. I last time went to America's Best. Really didn't like the customer service nor the products. My concern would be getting the glasses adjusted. My left eye lens is thick and very difficult to adjust and keep glasses balanced. I have to wear glasses to see. 

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

What?? $900 for a pair of glasses? Was this with some type of designer frame and expensive lenses? Honestly, even before social security, I've never come close to paying that much from my vision center for a pair of glasses. I'll probably get hateful responses here, but I will never order prescription glasses from China instead of using my local eye doctor and his local source for prescription lenses. I don't buy the most expensive celebrity frames, and if I have a problem with my new prescription, I want to be able to go back to where I got them, and that would not be China.

The last pair I got at America's best was about 350 I think for progressives. Just playing with Zenni looks like I can get two pair plus single vision sunglasses for about 250. I have a 10% coupon too. I don't wear them that much so this seems like a good deal to me. I like getting the extra pair in case something happens to the pair I have. 

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

It depends on where you live to some extent. The last glasses I got at the optician associated with my opthamologist cost nearly $500 and they were very basic glasses. When I had the prescription changed and got just new lenses the cost was over $200 per lens. That's what motivated me to look into Zenni.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!