Honored Contributor

Ugh.  I bought a pair of progressive Prive Riveaux blue light blocker glasses on QVC.  Nothing wrong with them except I just can't use them with my computer.  I have to hold my head back so I can look through the bottom of them to be able to read anything.  I'm sure they would probably be fine for a tablet where people tend to look down to read anyways.  I Like the style, but I guess progressives are just not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Progressive Prive Riveaux

I bought a pair of these and returned them.  I should have read the reviews first......I usually do.  They need to take these back to the drawing board.  I had to lift them up to see through them at my computer and then it was wavy.  I returned them as defective and got all of my money back.......plus the box they came in was smashed.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs I think mine will go back too.  Wish I could find that exact style in a non-progressive.  I like the rounded shape for my face and most of them are more squared than rounded.  Looks like the Maestro is close, but it doesn't appear to be rounded on the bottom.  But, I am concerned about the glass giving a bit of distortion which will quickly give me a headache. It's bad enough that I have such a difference between my eyes to begin with.

Respected Contributor

I bought a pair of the Prive Riveaux progressive glasses, and they were horrible. I couldn't see with them, they were heavy, and they distorted. I immediately threw them in the trash.

The PR progressives reminded me of a pair I ordered from a major online site last spring, and not an Rx. They were as awful as the PR ones, and were a cheap Chinese import.

I've been wearing progressive lenses since the 1990's, but not over-the-counter ones. There's no comparison. The progressive glasses I purchase with an Rx through my optomologist's office are excellent - I couldn't be without them. I'm wearing a pair now and every day.

Honored Contributor

Whew! I'm glad I didn't get them after reading this thread...almost got them when I saw them presented last week.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I really need to upgrade from all my 2.0's to 2.5 and this was going to be my start at doing that.  Since I'm on the computer so much I decided to try the blue light blocking ones although I haven't had any sleep problems at all from not using blue light blockers and I'm on the computer all the way up until right before I go to bed at night.  I know there's more to it than sleep problems, but that was one issue I had heard as a reason for using them. 

I have some of the Joy Mangano readers where one of them has a sorta amber lens that I think was also supposed to help with that, but I don't like those either.  They just don't seem to be as clear as her reguar readers are. Maybe it's because I like a lot of light which is hard to come by in my house.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess    Normally when progressive lenses are made for your prescription, measurements are taken to assure the correction is in the proper place.  This is course is not done when you buy OTC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

What I do with the blue light issue is adjust my devices and set them on a nightlight setting. That setting gives you a way to take away the blue, as much as you want, and the end result is much easier on the eyes. I use it all the time and not just at night. It really helps my eyes from feeling strained.

Honored Contributor

Too bad. The progressive readers I got here by Foster Grant were both pretty and worked well. Unfortunately, they broke easily once it was too late to return. I got a more basic pair at Walgreen's that aren't much to look at but work nicely.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...