Honored Contributor

I have definitely noticed clothing prices going up on the Q the past few years. I've never been a fan of NYDJ. I tried them on in stores years ago and never found a size or style I liked on me.

I don't usually spend $80 on a pair of pants, but I'm more willing to pay that for a good pair of pants than a casual top. I just spent quite a bit on new jeans and trousers the last few weeks because all my pants are tight. Fortunately, the Levi's jeans and Talbot's trousers were buy one, get one 50% off, so that helped quite a bit. 

Enjoy the Weekend!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Catastrophe.  I see the same or higher prices in the fall catalogs I'm receiving so I think it's not just a QVC thing.  I've drastically reduced my shopping and don't need anything anyway.

Yes .. I have said many times .. I'm glad I own what I already

do ....

Honored Contributor

You can watch.  You just have to accept that prices are higher.  Nothing new about that, prices always go up.  It's the steep jump that gives many stickers shock.  I find myself looking for similar items at more favorable prices online or at HSN..  This morning I'm watching just to see how the stylists put outfits together.  I like getting styling ideas.  Saw the Vionic ankle boots but no way would I pay $80.  I reminded myself that I don't need new ankle boots.  Now I'm looking at Iman on HSN.  TSV jeans are $40 which is a great price but I don't need new jeans so the TV is on mute and I'm just looking looking at styling for clothes I already own.  Last week I bought two DG2 sweaters on steep clearance from HSN.  Both under $20.  

Honored Contributor

shipping rate is very good. Tax is what kills me.

I buy all pants from Dillards. Certain brands I stick with there and all average 50.

I buy lot of denim jackets and handbags here.

Out at the stores all they offer is cheapy bags and

wild cartoon bags.

Lunch time specials I have picked up some goodies as

well.

Honored Contributor

All prices are out of control for everything----I shop for sales for everything---not much I buy is full price anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

I didn't buy these pants, I bought a pair of the NYDJ Teresa wide leg jeans for $119.

@RollTide2008  If you bought the same Teresa wide-leg jeans I purchased (a couple of weeks ago), I paid less than $119. Bloomingdale's had a 20% off sale over the Labor Day weekend. Mine are a mid-wash denim that Mark Peters would call Indigo Stream.

The jeans were still $95, but for argument's sake, if you like NYDJ and want to save money, do not rule out checking Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Dillards, and other retailers that sell the brand and even the NYDJ website to find possible deep discounts on some selections. I've purchased NYDJ for as low as $50. I purchased two new white jeans for 2025, both on sale. The NYDJ pair was only $50 on the brand's website.  $50 is what you would pay for any random brand of jeans these days even in stores like Kohl's, J.C. Penney's, T.J. Maxx, and Marshalls. 

Occasional Contributor
Prices are out of control.
Can't afford these prices in My budget. Can't stand the pushy hosts telling us how many purchases they make.
Honored Contributor

I no longer purchase unless I feel the price is right. I did buy a Lands End fleece zip up jacket today for $19.99 since it was free S&H.

Honored Contributor

NOT to derail the conversation but I heard an interview the other day that said CHOCOLATE increased in price in 2023 by about 25%  

Whoa!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

Oh Well !!

LOL

choc-1.jpg