Respected Contributor
Has anyone used them for a car rental? I'm looking for a cheap rental for a week and someone suggested I try them. But that person hasn't used it either.
Honored Contributor

Hope someone comes along that can help...never used them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I've used Hotwire with no problems........

Respected Contributor
I was surprised to see Hotwire's prices were higher than some car rental companies.
Esteemed Contributor

I've never personally used them but I know a co-worker did once and had no problems. A couple of years ago, I kept checking with Priceline on a car rental for a trip I was taking. As I recall, the prices were a little less but not a whole lot (it's possible I might have been checking too far in advance). I ended up going with Enterprise at a location that was not at the airport. I was able to use a shuttle service to my hotel and then Enterprise picked me up at the hotel. It was a lot cheaper....the Enterprise off-site rental car was half the price from renting it at the airport.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I also like Enterprise a lot. Their customer service is excellent.

Honored Contributor

When I book a hotel, I book through the hotel directly. (No middle man. It's hard to do cancellations and things) Same with rental cars. I will rent through Enterprise directly.

Super Contributor

Another fan of Enterprise. I've never used Hotwire, Priceline, etc. I've also found that prices are really no big bargain.

Honored Contributor
On 6/6/2014 Gooday said:

I also like Enterprise a lot. Their customer service is excellent.

Enterprise is the only company I use now.

I agree they have great prices and great service!

Remember, those online services get a commission - prices are sometimes HIGHER going through their sites.

I also book directly through the hotel. I try to get someone right at the location, not a CS center, if possible.

That is how I got the upgrade at NYC Waldorf Towers, I called the hotel directly. My $450 suite was upgraded to an $8500 suite, the former home of the Duke & Duchess of Windsor.

Trusted Contributor

I used priceline year for a vacation car rental. It worked out fine with no problems. A great price. My bid was accepted. I ordered a midsize suv, at the airport they upgraded us to a full size suv. I would do it again for future trips.