Contributor

I called shop HQ today about the amount I was refunded because I returned some sheets. My refund amount was only for $ 1.01 and should have been at least $19.99. I was told that since I said I didn't like them on the return label they deducted the shipping charges to send them to me again as well as the shipping charges to return which was a told of 3 shipping charges. I told her how can they legally do this and she said it's only if you say you didn't like the product. I can't believe this. Has anyone else experienced this?

Honored Contributor

Re: DOES ANYONE SHOP AT SHOP HQ

I've shipped there a fair amount over many years (since ValueVision days) and only had one bad experience. It was just a 'they sent me the wrong item and didn't have any more of the right item' deal. So, I was rather upset. Odd thing was, the item they sent me was way more expensive than the right one. I returned it and got all my money back, but that's different from yours.

I don't understand why they sent them back to you. That part is not making sense.

I DO, however, understand that if the item was not defective they would charge you for shipping. I've purchased several sets of sheets from them and have always done well, but they were never only $19.99. Their sheets in the 500-800tc range have been pretty nice.

Honored Contributor

It wasn't the fact that you didn't like them, it was that they weren't defective. SHq does not refund your original shipping when you return an item. Their linens are horrible; I don't imagine most people try them twice.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I purchased a set of sheets about a year ago and they came apart at the seams on the first wash (before using them).

I called customer service to report this and the c/s replied with, "okay" - not "I'm sorry" or "would you like an exchange?". She couldn't have cared less.

I did, however, receive full credit.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I have shopped at their site several times, and so far, have not had any bad experiences. However, I have never had to return anything, and I have never bought any sheets, bed linens, or clothing. I have purchased several of their tiffany style stained glass lightning, and was very pleased and felt the price was reasonable considering the quality of the items.

I don't shop there very often, but again, when I have purchased from them, I have no complaints.

Super Contributor

I have shopped at their site several times, and so far, have not had any bad experiences. However, I have never had to return anything, and I have never bought any sheets, bed linens, or clothing. I have purchased several of their tiffany style stained glass lightning, and was very pleased and felt the price was reasonable considering the quality of the items.

I don't shop there very often, but again, when I have purchased from them, I have no complaints.

Super Contributor

I only shop there for Skinn.... Never had to return, but thanks for the heads up....
Honored Contributor

Not since they reinvented themselves. I had a bad, bad experience with a lost item years ago and I stopped doing business with them. That was before they became ShopHq. Sometimes I get tempted to buy something, like today. They had the cutest leather sandals. Very unique and boutique looking. But I didn't. I'm still holding that grudge! They seem to be selling more clothing now but much of it is poor quality and tasteless.

Respected Contributor

I shop very seldom at Shophq for exactly the reasons the OP mentioned since. I've been what I consider "stung" several times. A few days ago I made an emotional decision about purchasing a jacket; it came, isn't for me but I hate to think of the money I will lose in a return. The new lines of clothing don't appear to be such good quality and the styles are never the classics like Pam McCoy offered.

Mostly I've only purchased "Margie" lamps from them and makeup specials and have been satisfied with these items but there will definitely not be anymore clothing purchases there for me. Once I sent back a pair of shoes which were definitely not the size stated. I lost over $20. when returning that deal considering we have to pay postage each way,

Their customer service needs a lot of overhauling. I get the impression they have a big turnover of employees. Once I returned a watch which had a streak of red down the center of the face. When I called to say I needed a refund on that item I was told it had to be sent for examination before they could issue me a refund. A couple of their hosts are beyond loud and there is one woman, who mumbles so badly it is hard to understand her at all.

I'll just stick with the Q and occasionally HSN.

Respected Contributor

OP, do you mean if you return an item for another of the same (say you need a different size) they charge you again for shipping charges when they send you the new size? I'm really confused about what the practices really are since ShopHQ never makes them clear upfront.