Trusted Contributor
Honored Contributor

An honest and decent man, above and beyond any political leanings......

Honored Contributor

He is a good man and I wish him and his family all the best.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

An honest and decent man, above and beyond any political leanings......

I agree totally.  

Respected Contributor

I just watched his press conference on MSNBC.

President Carter exemplifies grace and strength.  What a life he's lived!

Positive wishes for he and his family during this difficult time.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I watched the entire news conference.  He is an amazing man, obviously a "teacher" all of his adult life, up to the point that he is teaching us about the cancer he has, the treatments he will receive, and his attitude toward all of it.

I'm old enough to remember his presidency and it was such a slap in the face to him when Iran released the hostages the day after he left office.  Reagan got the credit for it. 

Jimmy Carter was never flashy, always rather humble and low key, yet he was probably one of the greatest humanitarians, certainly number one when it comes to former presidents.

He seems very optimistic, so I am hopeful that his time is not yet.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

President Carter is my idea of a genuine role model.  He's a "good man" with a heart, dedicted to public service.  There has never been a whisper of scandal in his personal life or in his professional life for the matter.  

Honored Contributor

Re: President Carter update

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

I watched the entire news conference.  He is an amazing man, obviously a "teacher" all of his adult life, up to the point that he is teaching us about the cancer he has, the treatments he will receive, and his attitude toward all of it.

I'm old enough to remember his presidency and it was such a slap in the face to him when Iran released the hostages the day after he left office.  Reagan got the credit for it. 

Jimmy Carter was never flashy, always rather humble and low key, yet he was probably one of the greatest humanitarians, certainly number one when it comes to former presidents.

He seems very optimistic, so I am hopeful that his time is not yet.

i watched it too.  One mighty strong man.  Am sure his faith, family, and doctors caring for him will help him through this long road.

To live to be 91 and then have to go through this. 

In January of this year I was diagnosed with the same kind of cancer.  And have been having treatments myself.  Have had biopsy, ultra sound, PET scans, 2 brain MRIs, and other things done to me.  His, like mine, is a slow growing cancer, and that is in our favor if we are to have cancer.  With so many visits to the hospital and oncologists office, I feel like that is my home away from home.  Plus there are other doctors that I have seen in between.  Hope he doesn't get 2 of the same side effects that I have gotten......hearing loss and blurred vision.  These are not the only side effects, but they are making me very nervous.

Let us all please keep him in our -prayers.......prayers are so important.   

Esteemed Contributor

Exemplary life lived by this President of the United States. He gave much of his life to others both by leading our Country during some very bad times, and continuing after leaving office.

I too am optimist for the President and him and his family being optimistic makes a big difference regardless of the outcome.

My best to Mr. President and all of his family and loved one.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

i watched it too.  One mighty strong man.  Am sure his faith, family, and doctors caring for him will help him through this long road.

To live to be 91 and then have to go through this. 

In January of this year I was diagnosed with the same kind of cancer.  And have been having treatments myself.  Have had biopsy, ultra sound, PET scans, 2 brain MRIs, and other things done to me.  His, like mine, is a slow growing cancer, and that is in our favor if we are to have cancer.  With so many visits to the hospital and oncologists office, I feel like that is my home away from home.  Plus there are other doctors that I have seen in between.  Hope he doesn't get 2 of the same side effects that I have gotten......hearing loss and blurred vision.  These are not the only side effects, but they are making me very nervous.

Let us all please keep him in our -prayers.......prayers are so important.   

Show me.  That must have been very hard for you to watch.  Please accept my sincerest wish that you will tolerate these treatments and overcome this scariest of cancers.  My heart goes out to you.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986