Valued Contributor

And the ""entitlements"" continue....

Respected Contributor

Far too many pregnant women treat pregnancy as if they are now invalids for 9 months....

The benefits of walking during pregnancy

Walking is one of the best cardiovascular exercises for pregnant women because it keeps you fit without jarring your knees and ankles. It's also a safe activity to continue throughout all nine months of pregnancy and one of the easier ways to start exercising if you haven't previously been active.

Super Contributor

That would be great if all women had easy pregnancies.

Valued Contributor
On 4/9/2014 reese ~ said:
On 4/9/2014 nunya said:

I don't care where people park, just don't ding my car.

LOL!

Excuse the OT, but Reese, I have been thinking of a poster from the past, I believe her name was luv2shop, she went through a divorce and shared with us.....if that was not you, or you don't care to say so ignore, ignore, ignore,lol.

Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2014 happy housewife said: The fact is that the more a pregnant woman walks the better, those spots are nothing but pandering to these women. What they should have are spots where a parent with 3+ kids can park and then a special cart she can use to corral them all waiting for her at that spot.

Yes. I certainly didn't consider myself disabled during my pregnancies.

IMO, they're ridiculous. It's a courtesy and not enforceable, BTW. So the elderly who are not handicapped can feel free to park there if they so choose.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Am I reading resentment in this thread? Nah, what woman would resent such a small thing, especially for women heavy with child, with the weight pressing down, probably with constant back ache and a wish that she didn't need to go to the store at all?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Personally, I'm waiting for the 54 year old knees parking spots...lol

Respected Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Free2be said:

Am I reading resentment in this thread? Nah, what woman would resent such a small thing, especially for women heavy with child, with the weight pressing down, probably with constant back ache and a wish that she didn't need to go to the store at all?

Is she walking throughout the store? Then she can walk to it. If not, then a handicapped permit is in order.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor
On 4/9/2014 Moonlady said:
On 4/9/2014 happy housewife said: The fact is that the more a pregnant woman walks the better, those spots are nothing but pandering to these women. What they should have are spots where a parent with 3+ kids can park and then a special cart she can use to corral them all waiting for her at that spot.

Yes. I certainly didn't consider myself disabled during my pregnancies.

IMO, they're ridiculous. It's a courtesy and not enforceable, BTW. So the elderly who are not handicapped can feel free to park there if they so choose.

Oh no, another OT lol......but I saw a woman last week driving a car with a handicapped tag, park beside a handicap parking spot....maybe she was driving someone else s car, she was not visibly handicapped.

Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2014 happy housewife said:
On 4/9/2014 Melania2 said:

We have what are called expectant mother and little old men and ladies parking spots. No one seems to mind. Who cares?

Where i live ALL the spaces are little old man and lady spaces!
I know...me, too. There are usually a large number of handicapped spots sitting empty. I didn't read carefully. The spots are not for pregnant women:/