Trusted Contributor

DWTS - tonight is a commercial for Disney

Tonight on DWTS it's heavy promotion of ABC parent company, Disney. All the couples are dancing to Disney songs. I guess everything is one big commercial these days. I love Disney but this seems a little too much -- I'll still be watching. What do you think? Will you be watching?

Super Contributor

Re: DWTS - tonight is a commercial for Disney

these days so much of the stuff on ABC is an ad for Disney...

Honored Contributor

Yes. I hate that about ABC these days. They should call it "The Disney Channel." They own it, so their programming is full of it, including the fairy tale shows (all Disney characters). I immediately thought I wouldn't watch DWTS tonight because of that. I certainly don't think there are going to be any "jives."

With all of the new characters on "Revenge" every week, I expect "Goofy" to pop into the mansion any day now.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

On 4/14/2014 stilltamn8r said:

these days so much of the stuff on ABC is an ad for Disney...

Yes, you've got a point! America's Funniest Videos comes to mind -- the same host as DWTS.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/14/2014 Ford1224 said:

Yes. I hate that about ABC these days. They should call it "The Disney Channel." They own it, so their programming is full of it, including the fairy tale shows (all Disney characters). I immediately thought I wouldn't watch DWTS tonight because of that. I certainly don't think there are going to be any "jives."

With all of the new characters on "Revenge" every week, I expect "Goofy" to pop into the mansion any day now.

LOLOLOLOL - spewed my coffee on that one. {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol} Just imagining Goofy doing a scene with the nastiest woman on there -- her name escapes me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Yes I will still watch, I like Disney.
Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 Deb1010again said:
On 4/14/2014 Ford1224 said:

With all of the new characters on "Revenge" every week, <em>I expect "Goofy" to pop into the mansion any day now.</em>

LOLOLOLOL - spewed my coffee on that one. {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol} Just imagining Goofy doing a scene with the nastiest woman on there -- her name escapes me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You mean Victoria. [Glad I gave you a laugh!] {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I just laughed out loud! One week, I actually had to take notes--"who's this and why's he there?" My girlfriend and I will regularly talk about what happened because it went over our heads.

But . . . . Goofy's probably safe from being killed off on Scandal and their fast-talking bunch.

Trusted Contributor

I too love Disney & look forward to it - & they've done this at least once before, maybe twice. Fun change for the week. Beats doing Disco Hits!

Honored Contributor

On 4/14/2014 KathyLFan said:

I too love Disney & look forward to it - & they've done this at least once before, maybe twice. Fun change for the week. Beats doing Disco Hits!

Oh, I do not agree with that. Disco was made for dancing!

There might be some jivey Disney tunes . . . I don't watch the movies, so I wouldn't know. (I do like the old classics though, they remind me of my childhood.)

Formerly Ford1224