Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Lunch shouldn't include drama. One plus: Neighbor drove.❤

Still haven't heard from doctor.

Told the house cleaning company that I prefer mornings and waiting for her text. 

One thing I know: paying for convenience is expensive. I order from one place for DH and something more healthy for me from another place. The other day, my $10.99 salad from Subway with the fees and tip was $22. Thankfully we are eating one meal per day.

Grubhub  delivers from Cracker Barrel but the only available items are breakfast all day. I wanted to be able to order vegetables. I am drinking water and no longer ordering drink with meal.🤗🙏🙏❤❤❤

Honored Contributor

Hi Y'all. Hot. High today forecast 91. 

Finally received the referral for the cardiologist. Then they will call me with appointment.

Still waiting day and time for house cleaning services. Slowly getting things done.

What's up? Hope Y'all are staying cool and doing something more interesting or fun?🤗🙏❤❤

Honored Contributor

Hi Y'all: I am totally frustrated. In my area to have groceries delivered from Publix need to use the Instacart app. For me sometimes you are given the sales price. Looked at the ad this morning and the big bowl of watermelon chunks were on sale for a good price. But everything on in the app use

d previous orders or previous  sale price. I signed out of my account and signed back on- no changes. I deleted the app and reinstalled - no changes. I called Publix and was told normally the sales prices are given or allowed with pick up orders!? What!🙄😯

Much more frustrating trying to shop Winn Dixie.

My experience the fresh fruit from Publix better tasting but  expensive if not on sale.

DH loves plums and cherries and I wanted some for Father's Day. Ok. Rant over.🤓

Honored Contributor
@SouthernBee 💕

If you use Instacart, some stores, honor in-store prices, and some do not (ie., charge more).

On my app there’s a little logo by the store name that says “in-store prices”. If that isn’t there, it’s a good chance many of sale prices won’t be honored.

The store sets the prices. 🫤
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe : Thanks for the information. I found this:

Screenshot_20240613-151607_kindlephoto-389753895.png

Honored Contributor
@SouthernBee

It stinks, doesn’t it? Especially if it’s your preferred store. 🫤
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe : Totally agree. I am shopping 3 stores to get what we need. That gets expensive with the tips. Trying to surprise DH with his favorite fruit for Father's Day and will be ordering from Publix, Winn Dixie and Walmart. Just thankful that we have more delivery services available .

Honored Contributor
@SouthernBee

I like Sprouts but it’s a drive. Some weeks I just Instacart it.

What is DH favorite fruit?

I hope you can get a cardiologist appt without too long a wait. I saw some of your posts on Wellness.
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe : Thanks. DH loves fresh cherries, plums, bananas and peaches. In two weeks he will drive to Pearson Peach farm in Fort Valley, Ga. He buys cases of peaches for us, family and friends. Last year didn't make the trip due to low harvest . We purchase two cases: one to eat and one to freeze. Due to my current health issues, my SIL and BIL will prepare my peaches for the freezer.

DH has been doing this for 25 years. Previously he traveled to Reynolds, GA for the peaches but that business closed. 

I normally make DH a peach cobbler for Father's Day but not physically able but I still have peaches in the freezer.

Thanks for asking. Please continue to post with us @Preds❤, very friendly and loving group.

@bikerbabe wrote:
@SouthernBee

I like Sprouts but it’s a drive. Some weeks I just Instacart it.

What is DH favorite fruit?

I hope you can get a cardiologist appt without too long a wait. I saw some of your posts on Wellness.

Honored Contributor

Hi Y'all. So frustrating when a company changes the recipe for a food item.

Was surprised today with a Peach milk shake from Chick-fil-A. It looked different. To me it really tasted different. Fewer peaches and very tiny pieces. For me it was too sweet. Less temptation or craving for the peach shake.