Honored Contributor

@geezerette : I have no will power. Going to be interesting.

What I ate later today was high in carbs. I had one Yoplait yogurt. Just finished one cup of shredded wheat cereal and a little 2 % milk. Will order groceries when I get paid tomorrow. Mercy , DH in the kitchen. I just need to eat healthier , eat less and move more.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee ...The Health & Wellness Center sounds like it will definitely be a very positive asset for your overall health...I'm not a fan of extreme diets and many of them are quite controversial...As others have stated, I feel it is more about portion control of all the main food groups...From what I understand, the largest portion on our plates should be vegetables....then a healthy portion of protein such as chicken, fish or meat...and, as far as complex carbs. such as potatoes, pasta, bread, etc...those should be the smallest portion.

Unfortunately, Sweets aren't even a handful...LOL

Several years ago, I went to a Naturopathic Physician...I didn't go to him for any specific reason except for the fact that I was having some anxiety issues and he was recommended to me by a friend...I learned so much from him about the way we eat...what we eat...stress...exercise...sleep...our lifestyles and how everything combined plays such a vital part in how we feel...both physically and emotionally...Of course, it all makes sense...I learned how many of the natural stimulants that we consume...such as caffeine, sugar, complex carbs, alcohol...can have such a negative effect on the health of our nervous systems...He was fascinating and everything I learned from him has remained with me to this day.

You have a lot to deal with and you are such a very strong lady, so I have no doubt that this new path that you are on will turn out to be a very positive one for you...It is about time you thought of yourself!

So, anyhow, we all are rooting for you! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove : Thank you. I don't like " change " but this is a necessity and will be a challenge. Praying the nutritionalist will call soon. Not sure about this keto  diet but I know the carbs need to be decreased, with sweets bread and pasta . I need to find what works for me and really need healthy and quick meals. 

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate 

I'm a little late to your post, but I will say that I hate how you feel and are treated in your own home.😡

I went through my own in-law problems years ago and thankfully had a wonderful husband that stood by my side always and put me first.  Unfortunately it caused a rift between him and his family that never healed, and I know that was something that always bothered him.💔

On the other hand, I have a dear friend that has a similar problem as you.  Her in-laws treat her terribly and her husband does nothing.  In fact, when her stepson and his wife and family come to visit, she does leave her home until they leave.  (She stays with me.)  This is a huge problem in her marriage, but her husband always makes excuses, so the only solution she has is to avoid his family.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.❤️

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Totally agree. You would hope that when the husband stands up for the wife that the other family would understand and change but that's not always true. It is sad.

In my first marriage , my mother in law really did not like me. She thought she could change me. She insisted that I call her Mom. To me that is a title that is earned with love and respect. She thought she had the right to take over all the wedding plans and events and for me to pay for it. When we married she expected me to plan and host all the family events . After two years, I refused and stayed home alone. I should have never married. No easy solutions. Praying for a better and happy solution for @loveschocolate . 

Honored Contributor

Hi Y'all: Me so confused and this is becoming the normal for me. I decided to download an app called carb manager and trying to use the site and document my food. I chose the free app but now receiving emails to upgrade the app. I just wanted something to help me count carbs and calories. Probably just need to purchase a book and use a note book.😮😮😮 Hope y'all are having more fun and interesting day.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

it might be easier to be on a schedule with mostly same foods

for example - toast in the morning - every morning  - that is the norm

1 slice of bread is x amt of grams of carbs

i will have 1 cup of pasta when i do eat pasta - 1 cup of pasta = x amt of carbs

you get what i mean - bc it will be hard if you have to count every new little thing

i will always eat this type of cookie - and 2 is my limit - that is x amt of carbs

to look everything a new food item is added will be very frustrating

many years ago - i cut out carbs - ate fish and quinoa for lunch every day

ate fish every evening with a veg

i was aloowed some type of dessert - a fudge pop and some sort of muffin

i did not introduce any new food item

i did lose weight - about 10 lbs - i did that for about a year

my cholesterol was fantastic but then i eventually went back to little carbs

and little by little gained the weight back - 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Same here also...so what i don't buy and have in the house i won't eat.!

Last night before bedtime

I had some cravings for more pop that would  have only harmed my stomach... so i had a cup of hot chocolate instead with lots of mini marshmellows...it tasted so good  but...was it a good trade off?Smiley Embarassed

Water would have been better  but not the same...sigh.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey  @SouthernBee 

The last 2 weeks i cut way back on eating my toast with  gluten free peanutbutter   but tonight i'm wanting some.

I had a bit of pasta with hamburger in it  today...yes,a frozen meal  and i added some dark red kidney beans to it.

I am not much of a pasta eater  but wanted something different to eat. No it didn't taste good to me at all.

But i do sleep a tad better if i have a cup of hot chocolate before bed time....but i will not put as much marshmelloes in itSmiley Sad

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

dear predsHeart  and friendsHeart

@Yahooey @SouthernBee @geezerette @MyShadowLove @loveschocolate @Bri369 @Mj12 @JaneMarple @Tique @KBEANS @qualitygal @SoX @4kitties @GenXmuse @masque @NEvans2 

We have had some thunder&rain early this morning,and now just light rain off/on today.

Been lazy today and watched tv,paid a bill online,read a bit .

While waiting for a phone call from my oldest son to find out how his test went  today..also his wife was admitted to hospital Sunday for her  to get help for her mental health   problems .

Anyone going to watch the"Masked Singer" on tv tonight???I love the costumes  but the panel ..sigh  can do without them...lol

Thinking about how our @Mj12   and how is  doing??Missing you not being here.Smiley SadFeel better ASAP soon.

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20