Honored Contributor

I just try to keep the carbs to a minimum.  And the refined and processed foods, which seem to trigger my sweet tooth.

I don't like a lot of what I've read about a true "Keto" diet.  The high fat part is complicated to get correct.  And it doesn't work for everyone.  Some people may lose weight, but end up having higher cholesterol and triglycerides.

It takes self-discipline for a few weeks to cut out what I call "junk" food, and then it starts to become a routine and I lose the cravings.  I keep my foods and meals simple, which probably would seem boring to most people.  I can allow myself a cheat day every once in a while, but I have to only allow one day of it otherwise I get right back into the old habits.

Diet and whatever exercise you can do consistently and long-term is the key.  And if you can be like @cowboy sam and eat in moderation, that's wonderful!  🙂

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee Heart

i'm in old compy clothes today...no jewelry even onSmiley LOL  yes,i did run my fingers through my hair today...Smiley LOL

uh,But   today  i ordered another Coop pillow "as is"  for$ "42.00" (reg. price is $72.00)

then used 20% off HSN coupon   brought it down $-8.60 to"34.99 "

but shipping $7.50 and tax of $2.72..

ended up paying"$44.61" total!Smiley Very Happy

@Yahooey ..Heart.are ya following my math...??Smiley LOL

I haven't walked yesterday  or today....wait...i walked up/down basement steps 2x today!  oh and to   walk in yard to street to check for mail in box  but it was empty!

Math is over for day..Smiley LOL

lubs ya!Heart

Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

@cowboy sam @Tique 

our @MyShadowLove is very articulate and speaks from the ❤️ 

except when she is hanging out the car window calling my name when she passes NYC

😂 

@Yahooey  

Oh Yoo Hoo...Yahooey!....It's very hard to be articulate when I've got that breeze hitting me in the face!  🤣

Dog Head Out The Window GIF - Dog Head Out The Window Windy GIFs

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette : So proud of you and healthier choices. I am bad but DH is the King of Junk Food. Told him to take his stash to his tv room in the back of the house and out of the den.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Ok. You deserve a slow day. 

I am not good with math and glad today lesson is over.😊😊

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove : I can't stop laughing.  😊😊😊😊

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@cowboy sam @Tique 

except when she is hanging out the car window calling my name when she passes NYC

😂 

@Yahooey  

Oh Yoo Hoo...Yahooey!....It's very hard to be articulate when I've got that breeze hitting me in the face!  🤣

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@geezerette : So proud of you and healthier choices. I am bad but DH is the King of Junk Food. Told him to take his stash to his tv room in the back of the house and out of the den.

@SouthernBee 

Oh, I can't keep any junk food in the house.  If it's here, I'll eat it!😆  

I have no will power at all! 🙁

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@MyShadowLove : I can't stop laughing.  😊😊😊😊

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@cowboy sam @Tique 

😂 

@Yahooey  

oh my gosh - dat iz too funny @MyShadowLove 

lubs it

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loveschocolate wrote:

Good evening Preds and friends. I'll post more later in the week as I am emotionally exhausted from the interlopers visit. I cried all last night. I'm done with them. I'm telling my DH whenever they plan on visiting, I'm going to Ohio. I'm not putting up with MIL passive/aggressive behavior anymore. Being old is NOT an excuse to treat people horribly. 

Heart(((((( @loveschocolate ))))) Heart

This breaks my heart!...I'm so sorry that this situation has gotten to this point and I totally agree with everyone's gentle and caring posts who have stated that the time is way overdue for your husband to be just that and to speak up to his mother about her controlling and disrespectful behavior...It is out of respect and honor to you and your marriage and for both of you.

I also want you to know that I do understand it is not an easy situation...Your husband has, obviously, been brought up in such a controlling environment and is handling the situation in the only way that he has ever known how to while growing up...However, he has carried it into his marriage and it is now at the cost of his wife's happiness and well-being and marriage.

We Lubs Ya and are surrounding you with (((((Hugs)))) and are here for you... supporting you and doing our best to bring you some comfort. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

Quotes Animation | nem1ponto

Good monring All!

I am supposed to be a Certified Observer Only on this thread. I am now returning to my "Seen but not heard from" status.

@Tique ...Oh you silly girl!...We have no labels here...You are only supposed to be who you truly and naturally are meant to be...We enjoy having you as part of our crazy group and sharing in whatever way your heart desires...whether it be "observer" or "seen" or "heard...or rare or medium rare or well done!  😂