Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate 

skeery - how do you find a leak - behind all those walls and such

hope all will be fixed soon

i know you want to be a plumber..... 

Honored Contributor

We have peppers too. 🌶️  Going to make Pico de gallo.

IMG_0919.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : Thanks.

The phone case that @gardenman  recommended is a good one and fit but not a totally defender case that I need since constantly dropping stuff . The case that I received before the last delivery issue, fits better : has a heavy duty hard outside case, with soft case in the middle and a third layer of hard material that protects the edges and corners and I feel better with this one. The one gardenman recommended is just one case  made of silicone like material but had good reviews.

The eye appointment discovered they didn't accept both of DH insurance ( recent changes) . DH refused one test because of the cost. His eye site is changing. We will be looking for another eye doctor.

We arrived at IHOP after the breakfast crowd and before  lunch and not crowded. Took awhile before waitress came to our table. She was friendly but she was slow returning with our coffee and DH not happy. Didn't leave Ihop until after 1 p.m. Our orders were the 2x2x2 which is two eggs,2 pieces of crispy bacon and 2 pancakes. She brought the regular syrup to the table and said it was "hot", but she probably didn't know the definition difference hot and just took the syrup from the pantry🙄😮.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Very hot. Our heat index is 104 and that is hot for our area. Trying to get the laundry and a few other things done so I can enjoy the weekend.

Thanks about the vitamin b 12 info and I will get me some.

Our church is different. About 3/4 of the members are related to the minister , but we are not. Pancake is a cousin and she keeps him informed.

Where we sit is ideal for me because the pew is small and in the very back of the church. I sit on the end and enough space for my walker to be out of the way and not necessary for DH to go to the trouble to try to fold the walker close. DH really struggles with my walker. Sadly, Pancake and her family sits two rows in front of us. I am not moving to another area. We arrive early for DH to find a handicapped parking place. One good thing, Pancake has a habit of being almost late and this reduces contact and conversation. Plus she sometimes is needed in the nursery.😀 Once the alter call is made: we exit the church and easier for DH to get out of the parking lot.🤗❤😀

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate 

Wow! a in hole in a pipe ..so glad you notice water in your basement when you did  and found out where it qwas hiding in the wall and pipe!

A few years ago i found a  small puddle  on floor....near a concrete wall i basement

...only when we had heavy rains..but i didn't where it was coming from...I had someone advise me to have a roofer inspect the roof. 

Shingles and wood under it had been damaged.and a new roof was needed replaced.i guess from a bad storm we had!

My insurance refused to pay for it stating it couldn't be proven when we had the storm  that damaged my roof!

lubs ya!Heart

Yep..i had to replace the whole roof!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : Your tomatoes look yummy.

We just had some pop up thunder storms.

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate : Oh my goodness. What a mess and so much stress. Never a dull moment when you have a home.

@loveschocolate wrote:

Good morning Preds and friends! So, there was a water pipe leak in the basement that was noticed on Tuesday. Finally got someone to come out to the house yesterday. What an ordeal trying to figure out where the leak was coming from. We had to work from the basement, back up. Kitchen island..nope. Spare bedroom bathroom..nope. Upstairs bathroom..nope. Pulled heavy refrigerator out, cut through the drywall and bingo! The polybutylene pipe had a pin size leak in it. I'm learning more about plumbing, car repairs, bugs, snakes, etc....than I ever wanted too! 🤣 

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS : My first mother in law was horrible and didn't like me. I realized too late that he was a total mommies boy and what she said or wanted was it. His ex girlfriend , got a divorce and returned to our town . He immediately left me.

Current DH for 20 plus years. His mother visited us and immediately toured our house and said she was moving in. DH stood up and told her " No". Called his brother to come pick her up, he was too mad to do anything. He changed our locks, changed our phone number and wrote: " Return to sender on all her mail." We went to her funeral and helped with expenses.

I agree with everything you stated about Pancake.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee  I never got along better with my mother in law then I do now...she's been dead for 20 years!  😝 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Yahooey  your tomatoes are beautiful! I am sure your sauce will be delicious. 🍅 

We have just been slicing/salting/eating the tomatoes. I also halved a few and grilled the other night. Wow they were so good. You see the weird shaped 3 smaller tomatoes in my picture? Those are San Marzano, so I will be using that to make sauce as soon as several more ripen. I can't make a sauce with 3 little tomatoes. It would be a spoonful 🤣

Our zucchini plants all died. 😭 Stupid ash boring bug killed them all, so we ripped them out. Waiting for eggplant to mature a bit now.

@Mj12 , nothing better than home grown tomatoes 🍅! I slice them up and salt and pepper them and just eat them.