Honored Contributor

no judging... cuz sometimes there isn't a plate big enough

Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 7.26.49 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : Yum. Enjoy. Love everything in your garden.

Honored Contributor

Good evening Y'all. Lawdy: DH wants me to make a peach cobbler tomorrow: 6a.m. the temperature will be 74 degrees.🙄😮.

I will be cooking a Boston butt bbq tomorrow in the pressure cooker and then shred it to make sandwiches. I have the cole slaw mixed and in the fridge. Will do corn on the cob and baked beans in the microwave.

He doesn't like the store bought or frozen peach cobbler.

It has been too hot and humid to turn the oven on.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

i always forget the differences between crumble, cobler, crisp

never made a peach cobbler - did u get a bushel of peaches for canning

ur meal sound absolutely delish as always

i'm glad u enjoyed the farm - it brings me such joy 

well - in betwen the weeding, spraying, chasing critters, and the sweating

it is worth it in the end

so glad i made the jam - savoring it with yoghurt - so good

as opposed to eating 30 berries per day - was getting tired of that

enjoy ur day - will start baking when i finish posting

getting a start before the real heat

Honored Contributor

537012c819e1ed3b6615e38a02a0fae7.gif

Honored Contributor

IMG_2240.jpeg

Have a safe and happy Independence Day! 

Honored Contributor

dear predsHeart and friendsHeart

Happy 4th of July!🎆🎇

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey @SouthernBee 

have my plate ready ..do ya have any left overs??

If so please" no" corn for me .. you can have my share...lol!

HeartHeartlubs ya!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Good Morning: Happy 4 th of July. Stay safe and cool. Currently 85 and just turned the oven off.

I had to experiment with my cobbler recipe. The self rising flour that I used : received email from Walmart yesterday ( but didn't read until this morning). Flour was recalled for potential something and to not use. Already used 1\3 of the bag but afraid to use. My recipe is the one with a rising crust. I decided to put the melted butter in my pan. Mixed up a yellow cake mix according to the directions and poured this over the melted butter and put my defrosted peach slices over the cake mix and bake. Will go try this in a few minutes.

DH didn't make his annual trip to purchase peaches because 90 % of the Georgia peaches this year had bad weather in March and reduced yield.

I forget the different peach recipes like crisp, whatever the other name is, and cobbler but we prefer peach cobbler.🍉🍑🍓🍦

We have been dealing with the neighborhood firecrackers since Friday and have been praying for evening thunderstorms . The fireworks didn't end until after 12 a.m. We had the tv on loud watching ball game and DH had tower fan next to his recliner on high. The shades help to block some of the sound but mainly the flashing colors. DH still trying to find another pair of noise cancelling headphones that is comfortable and can't wear the ear plugs.

Xxxx= Just tasted the peach cobbler and too me it is good considering a cake mix was used. The original recipe makes more of a crust texture, so DH will probably not like this but I tried.

Just received my power bill on line and they recommended turning the thermostat to 78. Currently on 71 but normally 72. I have the shades down and only two lights on. I am using the ceiling fans and a floor fan in the kitchen.

Honored Contributor

Friends of Preds always welcome and we always have plenty of food and to go plates.

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Yahooey @SouthernBee 

have my plate ready ..do ya have any left overs??

If so please" no" corn for me .. you can have my share...lol!

HeartHeartlubs ya!