had to keep drinking lots of water bc sweating when outside

cooled off while raining and then the muggies came

hope everyone had a good 4th - fireworks are going off and zoe is hiding

thank goodness the other days - maybe a few fireworks but nothning long lasting

just tonight and it should stop fairly soon

and of course as our queen bee sez - preds friends are always welcome

and plenty to go around

Honored Contributor

@geezerette : Thank you. DH liked the peach cobbler but prefers the original recipe but appreciated the effort trying to make something.

We had thunder storms for two hours but it was in the afternoon. Fireworks continued until 12:30 a.m. but not like until 3 a.m or later like last year.

I try not to say anything about the fireworks and let DH focus on watching tv or something to keep him busy.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : So sorry that the thunder storms make the grilling a different meal and trying to eat.

Poor Zoe hiding and trying to escape the thunder storms. I read one post where  one lady said she gave her doggy a setative  and wearing a thunder shirt but poor thing still shaking shaking and upset. Then comments like people have the freedom to celebrate and others with issues just need to deal with it or just get over it. Not always any easy solutions.

Honored Contributor

dear predsHeart and friendsHeart

@SouthernBee @Yahooey @geezerette @Mj12 @NEvans2 @JaneMarple @MyShadowLove @dooBdoo @loveschocolate @4kitties @Drythe @Bri369 

I also heard some fireworks going off...before the 4th,on the 4th and hope now all is done with for another year!

Talked to my neighbor last night...they will be going on another vacation out of state and leaving Saturday morning...and asked me again to get her mail out of her box.

Her mail box you need a key to get the mail out and will give me the key

I don't understand why? As her son will be staying home again?? 

"But" i told her ok...i would be glad to get her mail out of her box  and bring it into my house until she returns.

I give up on trying to understand some people..and help them anyway to make them feel better.......lol!

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

GM Preds & friends!Heart

I'm worn out from the long weekend. I need a few days to recover. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

so much rain - so cleaning up today and already took my first shower bc i was not smelling spiffy - ground is oversaturated - glad i staked and tied most everything up - so no breakage there - but they grow inches overnight bc of the rain

i'm going to scrounge for food - there was NOT a lot of leftovers

i brought my jar of jam bc i'm just so proud of it - everyone had a taste from a spoon

they decided to smear it on the bottom of the cake later of the boston cream pie

it really tasted good - just cake and jam

when i packed up 3 pieces that was leftover - the takers insisted i spread the jam on the lower layer - i guess kinda jelly roll cake - w/pastry cream + chocolate lol

i wished i ventured into the jam lane earlier - since it is the end of the season and dont think i can get enough - a few as opposed to a small bowlful

blackberries are coming in..... definitely gonna jam it

here is a very purdy bouquet for all of preds friends

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 11.41.51 AM.png

Honored Contributor

200.gif

i just have to find a larger marshmallow

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : Beautiful. Enjoy.

@Yahooey wrote:

so much rain - so cleaning up today and already took my first shower bc i was not smelling spiffy - ground is oversaturated - glad i staked and tied most everything up - so no breakage there - but they grow inches overnight bc of the rain

i'm going to scrounge for food - there was NOT a lot of leftovers

i brought my jar of jam bc i'm just so proud of it - everyone had a taste from a spoon

they decided to smear it on the bottom of the cake later of the boston cream pie

it really tasted good - just cake and jam

when i packed up 3 pieces that was leftover - the takers insisted i spread the jam on the lower layer - i guess kinda jelly roll cake - w/pastry cream + chocolate lol

i wished i ventured into the jam lane earlier - since it is the end of the season and dont think i can get enough - a few as opposed to a small bowlful

blackberries are coming in..... definitely gonna jam it

here is a very purdy bouquet for all of preds friends

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 11.41.51 AM.png

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 : Take care of  yourself and get some rest.

@Mj12 wrote:

GM Preds & friends!Heart

I'm worn out from the long weekend. I need a few days to recover. Smiley LOL