Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT : I just got up out of my recliner and DH replied that he will start calling me: " Snap, crackle, pop. Darn ..... guess I can't sneak up on anyone.😳😀❤️

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@SouthernBee, Your post made me cry.  I am sorry for what you have had to endure, and you are heroic to me.  I mean really a hero.  Not wanting to start a problem, but if one has a problem with a delicate tummy, maybe you should avoid black pepper.  I dunno.  Your doctor could tell you, I am sure.

Take care, honey, and I hope you are doing better soon.

Those onions!

@PamfromCT 

I have that problem with black pepper.  Years ago I even tested sensitive to it.  I've never cared for black pepper in my food, which may or may not have anything to do with it.😆

(I also agree about @SouthernBee.  She is amazing!💪⭐️🥰

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo 

DH has worked with Habit for Humanity in the past, but has not done so in a long time.

It was very difficult for him working with folks who had no building experience.  He found it too frustrating and didn't last long.  No surprise.

People are well-meaning, but if things aren't done right, it can be dangerous and not worth the time taken to put them together.   Unless you are running the show (he wasn't), he couldn't take over the project.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

i bought 2 cute gourds for 70 cents each atTJ and that's about all the decorating i do

what about u?

no trick or treaters - cant  share my candy hoard

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey 

I used to decorate to the hilt, but no more.

Dragging all that stuff out only to put it away in a few weeks got the better of me.  Most of my seasonal stuff has been donated.

I do miss doing it, however.

Always loved pumpkins and all things fall.  I have to resist buying pumpkins at every turn.  One year, we bought a huge supply, and it turned very cold in early November.

Everything froze and collapsed...what a mess!

Now, any pumpkins I have are artificial.

We've never had one trick or treater at Halloween.  It's too scary for them to come back through the woods!

No candy comes in the house because I would eat it all Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

GM Preds & friends! Heart

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Preds and Friends! 

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

According to the many articles I've read about turmeric supps, approx 1500mg per day usually divided into two or three doses taken with food is recommended. That amount is for the curcuminoid component of turmeric and not just a total amount of turmeric powder. Curcuminoids are what gives us the anti-inflammatory and pain killing benefits. That is important to know when taking turmeric supps. Look for a turmeric with 100% curcuminoids + pepper. If you see 'root powder', 'blend' or 'proprietary blend' on the label beware of it's lack of containing adequate amounts of the good stuff.

@SilleeMee 

thank you for that information.  I would have had no idea what to look for!  

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

i bought 2 cute gourds for 70 cents each atTJ and that's about all the decorating i do

what about u?

no trick or treaters - cant  share my candy hoard

@Yahooey 

I have a few fall things that I will use until thanksgiving, a wreath on the door and some other things.  

Last year it was cold and raining, and we only had a few brave souls for Halloween.  All of the candy went to work with my husband.  LOL

I'll see what the weather looks like this year before I start buying candy.  It will  not last til Halloween.