Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

i'm sorry SIL put a damper with a ton of glitter

yes - as i kid - i lubs glitter but i didnt know better

now - i avoid it bc it can still show up months later

i would have said - i'm sorry but i'm expecting company and i can only give you a sliver to take home - or i probably would have said - sorry no take out today

there are others coming later to celelbrate my day

but then i'm snarkier than you bc you are a kind good person

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : No apologies needed. Very relieved that you had a few days off to enjoy. Beautiful cake: Thank you. Do I get to eat the whole thang? But seriously always willing to share with Preds and Preds very special friends.🤗❤️

@Yahooey wrote:

apologies to @SouthernBee for the belated BD wish

you are so treasured here - i always enjoy ur posts regarding cooking, baking and ur wonderful, sunny disposition 

ur BD sounded wonderful... except umm ... umm... that u left out a certain someone

and we will leave it at dat .... we can all read between the buzzes

i bet u had a blast with ur 2 special friends later in the day

db6c5db724b179937e31012386a7219f.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee, Prices are up on everything.  It’s always a shock.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

take it easy @cowboy sam 

Unknown.jpeg

@Yahooey 

thank  you! ..Heart.i will relax  by looking at my "Sam" pictures  here...

Lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Oh..my gosh.!!!!!..but i'm so glad you stood up to her and didn't back down...

You don't want me to say what i think about her at this moment!!Smiley Mad

So happy she left without taking any of your cake with her!!!

I dislike glitter in gifts also!!

(((hugs))))i'm proud of you my friendHeart

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam : Have you contacted your credit card company or bank?

@cowboy sam wrote:

@loveschocolate 

(((hugs)))

and thanks..out of 93 buys over the years...this is first time scammed by a seller   Smiley Frustrated

Is it worth the hassle over $35.00??   Noway....sigh..have to let it go!

Be well alsoHeart

lubs ya!Heart

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey : I was bad and should have done better. I will be praying for a better solutions but your suggestions are great. I need to remove my emotions when she visits.She also gave me money that she really could  not afford to give. DH will probably have to give her some money this month for bills.When she left - I went on line to order her something else for her birthday. She said she wanted a house dress or lounger like I had but couldn't find one. If she really listens to my conversations with her- she would know where I purchase things on line. Really trying to kill her with kindness.❤️

@Yahooey wrote:

@SouthernBee 

i'm sorry SIL put a damper with a ton of glitter

yes - as i kid - i lubs glitter but i didnt know better

now - i avoid it bc it can still show up months later

i would have said - i'm sorry but i'm expecting company and i can only give you a sliver to take home - or i probably would have said - sorry no take out today

there are others coming later to celelbrate my day

but then i'm snarkier than you bc you are a kind good person

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@cowboy sam : Have you contacted your credit card company or bank?

@cowboy sam wrote:

@loveschocolate 

(((hugs)))

and thanks..out of 93 buys over the years...this is first time scammed by a seller   Smiley Frustrated

Is it worth the hassle over $35.00??   Noway....sigh..have to let it go!

Be well alsoHeart

lubs ya!Heart

@SouthernBee 

I have tried a couple of times that i picked up my phone to call my cc..but i'm stressed doing so and my stomach cramps up on me ! and i have to put telephone down  and try to relax...can't make that call!

lubs ya!Heart

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Good Morning Preds and Friends!

See the source image

This is the yummiest image I've seen in some time! ❤️

@GingerPeach 

Welcome  and thanks for joining usHeart

lubs ya!Heart

Thank you, @cowboy sam for the kind welcome. I feel like a bit of an imposter as I never "met" @Preds  but just kind of jumped in. (You gotta admit that is an enticing set of goodies in that picture! Who could resist?). I wish her nothing but the best in what I understand are difficult times.

Many HeartHeartHeart for @Preds .

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@cowboy sam : Please rest and be careful. Well the annual birthday cake drama continues and I am determined to stop it. No offense to anyone else but I really don't like anything with glitter- because once didn't realize that I had glitter on my finger and rubbed my eye. That was very very scary and uncomfortable trying to wash my eye out. Plus glitter really gets imbedded in the carpet and furniture. Someone had a gift bag with glitter all over it. She out it on the dinning room table and while talking moved the bag back and forth stated someone doesn't like glitter but this was a beautiful bag. Bag heavy and loaded down with Bath and Body products in my favorite scent. I set there bitting my tongue off and DH didn't say a word.( washed the table cloth 3 times and still has glitter on it)😳.

I cut her a very generous portion of the cake. DH asked her if she wanted to take some home( this was an 8 " cake and I had already asked my two friend to stop by later for cake an ice cream). She replied and laughed: Of course will take two pieces for me and two pieces for her DH but she said all of it was for her. I'm fuming. DH not saying anything. She jumps up and heads toward the cake plate and takes the lid off. I take the lid and put it on the plate and stated:" Since you want so much cake just take the whole thing home but please be kind and return my cake plate. She hollered to DH that she was only kidding. She left and cake plate still on counter. DH very upset with me and I am not saying anything else. I don't watch soap operas because me in one. The thing about the cake: she prefers my cake over a bakery cake. Plus I always bake her a birthday cake in a 9x13 disposable pan and let her take the whole thing home we do not insist that she cut it and share with us. Plus her DH has told us - when she brings the cake home she never shares with him and sits there and eats the whole thing in one evening and she is a diabetic.🤷‍♀️ Rant over.

@cowboy sam wrote:

@SouthernBee 

yes,kinda wore out today but i did walk up my street into part of next block..but a lady was mowing her yard  and i'm allergic to cut grass smell,so i turned around and came back home.

How about you??  What did your sister in law give you for a gift???

Did she behave??..well i know probaby  not!  lol!

lubs ya!Heart

@SouthernBee 

You are a much better woman than me!  I would have snapped at her.  Hugs 🤗 to you.

I was thinking about late night talking with Preds just last night.  She had Peace she shared with us, along with her humor.  Always slept so well after talking with her late at night.  Hope her family is doing well.  Drat onions...

@PamfromCT 

Sending this along just in time for you to ride with with the guys.

Hope you have a helmet ⛑, I forgot!

18C8944D-90DB-4F88-9F22-812BF10D1A6D.jpeg

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras