Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee   They are obviously very, very private people. At least they answered you.  It's sad but it is best to move on. 🤗💋

Have a good day and feel well!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@cowboy sam  Age, fooey!  You know how any animal can make one's life fuller. They bring such pleasure. You of all people know that.  I had 2 dogs. A Yorkie and a Labradorite . The only problem I had was, they would fight under the bed😱. It was sooo hard to get to them and stop them😜. Aside from that, my Yorkie was no different than any other dog except for his big mouth outside. He thought he was as big as a husky! Yorkie tend to be that way. All dogs give unconditional love but Yorkies, even more if that's possible.

As far as training them, yes it's a pain but a wonderful pain to have.  I know someone that trained their dog to go outside and on the wee wee pads at the same time. They didn't want to walk the dog at night. So, they had the best of both worlds. Maybe you could train the dog to just go on the wee wee pads and then and if you go for walks, the puppy will also go outside.

Think about it. We all have to do what we think is best for ourselves but think about it.

Sending soft 🤗 and 💋

??? @Coquille  isn't that a gemstone? or is that a special designer doggie?

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Bri369 : DH said considering everything just probably best to move on. Stated daughters probably cutting all contacts. 

@SouthernBee 

it could be that ur friend took a turn and the daughters are overwhelmed

respect privacy after so many years of friendship? idk

i'm sorry that happened to u

hope ur friend is ok and healthy and happy

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey I meant to write Labradoodle.  Labradoodles have been around for a very, very long time.They're a mix between a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle. I'm sure you've heard of them. They're very common. She was 1 of 6 puppies that I picked out, when I was about 10 ( a lifetime ago ), Someone in the neighborhood was giving them away and my parents were divorced. My mother thought a dog would be good for me. It's funny, that was the one and only time my mother did something good for me. I named her Gigi and she lived until she was 20. Her last 5 years, I cooked for her because she was diabetic. She loved, lean chop meat cooked with carrots and celery. She always ate vegetables, especially carrots, cooked or raw. I think that's why she lived so long.

Thanks for listening to me go on about her. I still miss her today, after all these years.

Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

yes @Coquille I've heard of them

labs and retreivers are so sweet - they always look happy

20 years is amazing - ❤️❤️❤️❤️

supposedly dogs bred with poodles don't shed

my brother's dogs are half poodle - yappy lil dogs

16f515839b6e286925d394912c58b0f8.gif

Honored Contributor

90410AC4-66CC-45CC-BCEE-E936AD8BE4F2.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

yes @Coquille I've heard of them

labs and retreivers are so sweet - they always look happy

20 years is amazing - ❤️❤️❤️❤️

supposedly dogs bred with poodles don't shed

my brother's dogs are half poodle - yappy lil dogs

16f515839b6e286925d394912c58b0f8.gif

@Yahooey  CUTE dogs! My dog didn't look at all that they do but they're ooooooh so cute!😘

You're right, my dog did not shed.  When I first got the Yorkie, I was fine. After a few years , I developed an allergy to my Yorkie and had to take meds for the remainder of the Yorkie's life. I didn't realize I was allergic until the Yorkie because no problem with allergies from my Labradoodle . My Lab was the opposite of my Yorkie. She was passive.😘

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I am so sorry about the response from your long time friend’s daughter.

Loosing contact with someone you’re close to this way is SO hard, the wondering, and worry is sad.  Please don’t blame yourself.  

The Family of a much loved, older friend seperated us totally because as she got older, they became jealous of how close we were, and were afraid she would leave me her ‘money’.  I don’t think she had any.  It Broke my heart.  I’m not saying this is what happened with your friend.   But, Having worked in Long Term Care for a long time, I’ve seen families do some very strange things.

You are a good, loving, Friend.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee,

I sure hope you are feeling better soon.  I am glad you got the shot.

I feel badly for you about your friend and the situation.  Who can understand this?  It does not make sense.  But you have done nothing wrong.  You are a wonderful friend and such a good person.  You might try sending her a “Thinking of You” card.  But do not expect an answer.

I am sorry you are hurt.  Please take care of yourself.  We all care about you.  

LUBS!

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 OMG. That is so me. Back in the day when we went to Olive Garden, I would tell the wait person to get a soup bowl and just fill it up with cheese. Best part of the meal.  DH would tell them that I like a little food with my cheese.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet