Honored Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT 

I'm really not a cook - I can read a simple recipe

I posted a link and it looked simple enough - just many steps and I used ground beef

I won't even attempt ar recipe if it calls for many excotic spices 

1/4 tsp of this and 1/2 cup of this - nope, not for me

not spending $$$ on stuff i will use for 1 dish

i have a turkish cafe near me -i bought a latte and 2 pieces of their pistachio baklava 

drank the latte on the walk and savor the baklava for my afternoon snack

i found it sweet at first and then it grows on u - much like the cinnabon at the mall

oh my - that is too big and too sweet and then the whole thing is devoured

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT : The first test was the visual field test with the random bright lights. Had trouble with my left eye because vision was blurred .I had never had the optic nerve test- had a red light square with what looked like to me a green looking star. The doctor was concerned about the visual field test results but indicated the results for the optic nerve was good. He put drops in my eyes and started another eye exam. Had trouble setting in the chair because to move closer to the machine for my chin to rest flat and forehead to rest correctly- my shorter left leg was extended and not flat on the foot rest causing issues to remain completely still. He tried to do the eye exam with the blue light and pointer to measure my eye pressure. I tried really hard to cooperate and not be difficult but part due to my cerebral palsy. He said he was running behind but this test is necessary, I have another appointment for April. Came home and eyes blurry and hurting. Plus my upper shoulder, neck and back hurting. DH was in the room with me during the exam. He said the doctor was nice and explained everything but felt that he was a little flustered with me. The other two test took a little longer because the mask cause my viewing area fogged up and the finally agreed and decided that I needed to place the mask just under my nose.Plus they had me to sit on chairs with rollers and I had problems trying to move my walking cane plus hold on and try sttting on the chair with out falling. Considering my handicap and being short. Very difficult and stressful day. I do feel relieved and thankful for the optical nerve test report. Thanks for asking.🤗❤️

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Preds and Friends!

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee  I hope you get some rest.  Your day sounded very stressful.

Heart

Honored Contributor

May be an image of outerwear and text that says 'Coffee & Crusts @CoffeeNCrusts I'm starting to have a hard time remembering life pre-pandemic Like did I really keep my pants buttoned the whole day?? Wild.'

Honored Contributor

0C18CA0C-37B4-4460-AEC5-8056DE373C9B.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: @Preds ❤️

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee, I am very relieved your eye test had a good result!  But what an ordeal our little honeybun had to go through!  You are such a “little trooper” and so brave at that.

Some doctor’s are not “Doctor Personality” and can be impatient.  I respect and admire you for how you have met your challenges in life.  

Just remember that there are so many advances in medicine to take care of many folks.  That’s when “Big Pharma” can be your best friend.  And new medical procedures to keep us going.  That’s for all of us.  And did I tell you that me, the Connecticut girl, was born in the Deep South?  Yup, my Dad was stationed there during WWII, where my folks got married, and I arrived.  After the war was over, we returned to CT where my folks were born and raised and had many family roots.

You take care and celebrate your good news!

Pam

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

I'm so sorry you had to endure all the scary stuff - and glad u had a good result

fingers crossed for the upcoming appt - 

ur doctor could have made it easier - a foot stool or stacked items to accommodate the shorter leg etc

someone to hold the rolling chair still - etc

but i get it - backed up patients and covid stress and stress in general

relax and pamper urself

Honored Contributor

hunker down in this cold weather with ur special treat

full disclosure - mine will NOT be a carrot

morning @PamfromCT @Mj12 @Bri369 @SouthernBee @loveschocolate @momtochloe 

@MyShadowLove @cowboy sam @dooBdoo 

4a0be6edeec808aee90b142e7cccc582.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, friends of Preds ...  here's to all of us!

Nina Simone - Feeling Good HD - YouTube