Honored Contributor

Sending prayers for all involved in finding this precious child.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Received a reverse 911 call that a 14 year old autistic boy is missing in our rural area. Helicopters in the air and rescue personnel combing the woods, fields and ponds in our area.

Darkness just fell, and by the looks of the intensity of the search, they haven't found him.

I don't know the family, but would be sick with worry if it were my child. I have been out searching our property and doing what I can.

For those who are so inclined, please send up a prayer for this family, that he is found. Temps are falling into the 30's tonight, I believe.

Thanks, and will update if we hear he is found.

@Mominohio, is the boy in this article the one you're referring to?  He's precious.  Gosh I hope they find him.  I've been combing the internet for good news.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/19/autistic-boy-missing-in-morrow-county/

Honored Contributor

Sending prayers!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Deb1010yetagain

They found the little boy! 

Thanks for that link @Deb1010yetagain

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Deb1010yetagain

So wonderful! The power of prayer!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Deb1010yetagain

@LTT1, THANK YOU for the notification!  How wonderful that they found the boy!

Honored Contributor

Update

They did find the boy, this morning about an hour or so ago.

They suspended the search last night at about 2:30 am or so. We were out with some others, checking abandoned houses and Amish phone booths (that is another lesson for those unfamiliar with them!). 

The search resumed this morning, but he was found shortly thereafter.

The story at this point is that he is in foster care in this area, but was maybe trying to get about 60 miles south of here to where his mother is located. Not sure how accurate that is, but coverage of these things here isn't always what those of you in bigger cities are used to. Because he is a minor and in the system, we may never get full details. What is important is that I hope they can figure out a way for this not to happen with him again. It has been rumored that he has tried to take off before. 

It is very sad, that when people hear autism, they think little kids, but those little kids grow into teens and adults, and the challenges get bigger as they do. They get harder to help and protect. 

At any rate, thanks everyone for your prayers and concerns, and it was a well spent late night, knowing that he is safe now.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayer request

[ Edited ]

@Deb1010yetagain wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Received a reverse 911 call that a 14 year old autistic boy is missing in our rural area. Helicopters in the air and rescue personnel combing the woods, fields and ponds in our area.

Darkness just fell, and by the looks of the intensity of the search, they haven't found him.

I don't know the family, but would be sick with worry if it were my child. I have been out searching our property and doing what I can.

For those who are so inclined, please send up a prayer for this family, that he is found. Temps are falling into the 30's tonight, I believe.

Thanks, and will update if we hear he is found.

@Mominohio, is the boy in this article the one you're referring to?  He's precious.  Gosh I hope they find him.  I've been combing the internet for good news.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/19/autistic-boy-missing-in-morrow-county/

Yes, this is the one. 

Was rather miffed last night when they called off the search (although it did begin again this morning) as they offered up no information on the suspension and where the search stood. All we could do was get some sleep, and start again this morning when they resumed.

@Deb1010yetagain

Trusted Contributor

Thank You Heavenly Father!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

Thank You Heavenly Father!!!!!

@Lacey1 , Yes, "Thank YOU our Heavenly Father",@ and that is always how I begin with my prayers...as said previously when I first heard from @Mominohio's plea~